Match Thread: Port Vale v Lincoln City | Page 14 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Port Vale v Lincoln City

Some random observations...

watching a replay of the goal... Allsop really should have made an effort. Doubt hed have saved it but standing leaden footed isnt a good look.
Sometimes we really get stuck on the long ball game, pitch wasnt very good so passing was difficult but i wish wed try and mix it up some times.
Big pitches dont suit our game.
Green wasted when not through the middle.
Wharton should play.. not least as hes the biggest set piece goal threat out of the defenders
Still completely in our own hands... automatic was a pipe dream anyway.

Never mind. Play offs almost a certainty. Enjoyed my day at Wembley last time.
I won 4-1 at snooker today. Every cloud!

Good interview with DC. Very disappointed today, expecting a reaction a on Tuesday now. Confirming contracts are close.

Is it time to give Palmer a start? Rhead hasn't scored for 16 games (hasn't actually scored a league goal in 2018), and we are creating very little at the moment. Has he been nullified now by opposing defences?

Is it time to give Palmer a start? Rhead hasn't scored for 16 games (hasn't actually scored a league goal in 2018), and we are creating very little at the moment. Has he been nullified now by opposing defences?
Scored v Newport Jan 31st.

Disappointing today and compounded by results gained by our play off opponents. Still in with a good shout of top 7 though but Tuesday is a huge match against a very good Wycombe side.

I think Rheady needs a rest. Legend but needs a rest. This might allow either a start for Palmer or Green switched to through the middle with Anderson starting.

Anyway keep the faith. It's still on

I can just see us needing to get a result on the last day of the season aka 2003 and 1990 to get into the playoffs. 1990 we of course lost out to Exeter who thrashed us.

Spot on!
Danny wasn't happy with them so I'm expecting a big reaction on Tuesday against a very good team in Wycombe who travel very well indeed.

I’m expecting a few changes mainly to get the energy levels back. Wilson & Wharton at the back. Pett, Williams, Anderson all to start.

My lads are Vale fans first (having been "born and bred" here), and Lincoln fans second (father and grandfather's team), but watch and support far more Lincoln games than Vale; today they were sitting in the Vale crowd against Lincoln for the first time in several seasons, and were therefore seeing Lincoln as the opposing team for the first time in a number of years. Their reaction today was:
Vale "out Lincolned" Lincoln
Lincoln are a dirty side
Next match they watch Lincoln will be as Imps fans!!