Match Thread: Plymouth Argyle v Lincoln City | Page 45 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Plymouth Argyle v Lincoln City

Substitutions to freshen things up can often work against you though. TJ came on late on in the Accrington game and was out of position for their injury time equaliser. Sometimes subs need a good chunk of time to get into the rhythm of a game so to persist with those out on the pitch can be best policy.

Don't forget we were still going for all 3 points rather than just sitting in protecting the 1.

Substitutions to freshen things up can often work against you though. TJ came on late on in the Accrington game and was out of position for their injury time equaliser. Sometimes subs need a good chunk of time to get into the rhythm of a game so to persist with those out on the pitch can be best policy.

Don't forget we were still going for all 3 points rather than just sitting in protecting the 1.

Think we're also running on empty with regard to properly fit uninjured players and whilst someone may be on the bench, the manager may well know that they are less fit than someone on the pitch who they might otherwise replace. Comments above on Archibald show this too.
So they may be sat there and only brought on when an on-pitch injury forces the substitution.

Well, it is time to invest my anger in focusing on losing weight!

It is weird really. Following the news that there is a plan to come out of lockdown, I have felt totally burnt out. So tired. So angry. The year of hell has finally caught up with me.

I'm over the disappointment of yesterday. Having felt gutted at FT, and still feeling that way whilst watching the L1 goals on Quest, things started improve when they showed the table at the end of the highlights and I had a good look at it. I recommend it, it's very therapeutic.

As for the game, going 2-0 down so early on is a bit of a disaster. I know that, you know that and I'm sure the team don't need to read this thread to also know that. But from that point until we went 3-2 up, we played some fantastic football and thoroughly deserve our lead.

At that point things did seem to change. We appeared to slow things down (like the speed we took restarts) but I don't think enough acknowledgment is being given to the fact that Plymouth changed too. Their attitude, their tactics, their players - all of which had a big effect on the game. They went for it. On some days, their change could've meant us going on to score another 2 or 3, sealing the deal and this game being spoken about for years to come. As it went, yesterday Plymouth took the gamble and won. This is football and this is why I love it.

It's clear to me that the Big Apple and the team are doing their best for us. Personally I'm not going to question them for this, I'm just going to keep enjoying the ride.

It is weird really. Following the news that there is a plan to come out of lockdown, I have felt totally burnt out. So tired. So angry. The year of hell has finally caught up with me.
The last leg of lockdown has knocked the stuffing out of most of us I’d imagine
The daylight hours in our favour now and hopefully some sunshine

Fresh legs were needed and we didn't do that for whatever reason

Lack of trust in the replacements? Sanders is not up to speed, Archibald is not match-fit and was pretty anonymous on his last outing. Roughan hasn't played for some time and Eyoma looks jaded (post-viral?)

Lack of trust in the replacements? Sanders is not up to speed, Archibald is not match-fit and was pretty anonymous on his last outing. Roughan hasn't played for some time and Eyoma looks jaded (post-viral?)

Virus has definitely affected those who had it.
All this guff about no symptons and no effect on young people. Well ultra fit young men, full time professional sportsmen have been affected by it.
Even if it takes just a few per cent off your lung capacity or energy levels, in a high paced energy sapping sport like football, that few per cent will make a noticeable difference to their perfomance.

You’ll feel so much better when we stuff Fleetwood on Tuesday.

The effects of covid for most people aren't that noticeable. you get over the cough and go back to the office with a facemask on.
I read where the lung capacity can be reduced by 30%, and the effects can last for many months. There was a Brentford striker who got it last June, i forget his name, but he didnt get back to his normal self until January. Our team did well to avoid catching it for as long as they did, when it was already hitting the other teams in Div 1.

Jones, Eyoma and Montsma have all had it? That right? All struggled since.
Only Hopper been ok, Anderson difficult to tell due having an injury as well.

Jones, Eyoma and Montsma have all had it? That right? All struggled since.
Only Hopper been ok, Anderson difficult to tell due having an injury as well.
I think was hinted Roughan might have had it as well, was a spell he wasn’t on the bench.
As for subs I would think if we were still behind last 20 then throwing on Archibald with nothing to lose might have been an option, but more of a risk as the score line went.

This is completely understandable.

I think it really is starting to catch up with most people, you're not alone. For me, that happened about 2 weeks ago. For some reason I'm struggling to motivate myself. Not since my family in 3/4s of a year. Counting down the days for this all to be over and to return to the bank.

This is completely understandable.

I think it really is starting to catch up with most people, you're not alone. For me, that happened about 2 weeks ago. For some reason I'm struggling to motivate myself. Not since my family in 3/4s of a year. Counting down the days for this all to be over and to return to the bank.

I think we all need that. Hope you get to see your family, sooner rather than later. All the best.