Match Thread: Plymouth Argyle v Lincoln City | Page 27 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Plymouth Argyle v Lincoln City

Harry captained the Imps for the first time:

https://www.weareimps.com/news/2020/november/201130-harry-anderson/

The only thing is, it was actually his 187th appearance, not his 185th. Some online databases tend not to include FA Cup qualifiers, so Harry has only 185 according to some sources. He played in two qualifiers in 2016-17 - the two games against Guiseley. I presume the club does not intend to view those matches as irrelevant?

I am not sure of the accuracy of the list of appearances on Wikipedia but, presuming that it is correct, that means Harry has played more times than such luminaries as, Dennis Booth, Ray Harford, Percy Freeman, John McGinely, Simon Yeo and Graham Taylor.

By the end of the season he could have played over 200 games and surpassed the likes of Matt Rhead, Sam Ellis, Paul Mayo, Lee Frecklington, Ian Branfoot, Stuart Bimson, Trevor Peake, Dave Puttman, and Shane Nicholson.

I am not sure of the accuracy of the list of appearances on Wikipedia but, presuming that it is correct, that means Harry has played more times than such luminaries as, Dennis Booth, Ray Harford, Percy Freeman, John McGinely, Simon Yeo and Graham Taylor.

By the end of the season he could have played over 200 games and surpassed the likes of Matt Rhead, Sam Ellis, Paul Mayo, Lee Frecklington, Ian Branfoot, Stuart Bimson, Trevor Peake, Dave Puttman, and Shane Nicholson.
And a few more besides that. Harry is alongside some true Lincoln City greats, but that is not surprising - I think Harry must be considered in the same breath for what he has achieved at Lincoln. Here is the list according to my records, together with their position in City's all-time appearances:
52. Shane Nicholson 209
53. Nat Brown 208
54. David Puttnam 204
55. David Carr 202
Trevor Peake 202
57. Stuart Bimson 200
Alf Jones 200
59. Johnny Campbell 198

60. Matt Rhead 196
61. William McMillan 195
62. Sam Ellis 194
Paul Mayo 194
64. Lee Frecklington 192
Johnny Garvie 192
66. Andrew Gardner 191
Doug Graham 191
68. Tosh Barrell 190

69. Ian Branfoot 189
70. Roy Chapman 188
71. Harry Anderson 187
Billy Bean 187
73. Dennis Booth 186
74. Paul A Smith 185
75. Graham Bressington 183

Others you mention:
76. Ray Harford 182
77. Percy Freeman 181
81. John McGinley 176
85. Graham Taylor 170
94. Simon Yeo 156

Have always felt Ashley Nadesan would be affordable and a good addition to the way we currently play. Has has played well against us in the past.

Oh yes, even more so back then. I remember the Post headline "Sneinton Man Stabbed In Pub", the article being about my local.

One time I saw a man wielding a piece of 2x4 chasing another, semi-naked man, down Sneinton Boulevard. I wonder what had happened there? :lol:

And one very kind local soul pitched my wheelie-bin through my front-window one night.

Still, not as bad as St. Anne's! :)
Went to look at a room in St Anne's when I was at Trent Poly/Uni, it was a short viewing. Mind, it was longer than Hyson Green, where I didn't even cross the threshold of the place!

Have always felt Ashley Nadesan would be affordable and a good addition to the way we currently play. Has has played well against us in the past.

Interesting name. His record in L1 isn't fantastic (when he was younger and at Fleetwood) but he might be a better player now than he was then. Very good finish last night.

Just to completely shatter the bourgeois image Red Wimp has of me, I used to live in Hyson Green, as well. 😁
Might have been you that came to the dog shit smeared doorway in your gravy stained string vest:ROFLMAO:
I will say this. There was a lad from Moss-side on my course, he reckoned Hyson Green was like kindergarten by comparison.

Might have been you that came to the dog shit smeared doorway in your gravy stained string vest:ROFLMAO:
I will say this. There was a lad from Moss-side on my course, he reckoned Hyson Green was like kindergarten by comparison.

That was definitely my look. I am to return to in my senility. 😁

Unusual in the current era of short contracts and regular transfers. It seems only yesterday he came on loan from Pish.

He's from Redhill and quite attached to Surrey, I think, which is why he went to Crawley despite bigger clubs showing an interest. That may have changed but I think location plays a big part of his decision-making process.