Match Thread: Peterborough United v Lincoln City | Page 43 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Peterborough United v Lincoln City

No, really, I appreciate emotions are running high but I said....

- We deserved to win (positive)
- We need to take out righteous anger out on other teams (positive)
- We only lost the lead due to an unlucky deflection and the 2nd worst penalty award I've ever seen (positive)
- Peterborough would have gone up even if we'd won (the odds were still heavily stacked against us as we would have been reliant on Doncaster to win)

Going back a fair few years I had a spell in the overseas property market. I saw the misery that Darragh McAnthony caused many people who trusted him with their life savings. I don't wish to be called a Posh fan, though, thanks.

Yes - apologies. Going to wind my neck in now and shut up.

Only consolation is that it wasn't a last game of a season with promotion resting on winning it.

What in the old days they would call a 'doubtful' penalty - and then some.

I think most of us would have been embarrassed to have clinched promotion on the back of a decision like that (well I would have).

We did have three good chances to make it either 4-0 or 4-1. But excellent performances from almost every player.

Worrying thing is our past record in play-offs. The only two teams I've ever supported have been involved in play-offs eleven times between them and failed to be successful in any of them.

Surely our - and my - luck will change?

Peterbro Telegraph ' controversial penalty, but who cares'!!!!!!!! Is part of that rags report!

Yes - apologies. Going to wind my neck in now and shut up.

Ha ha, accepted - not that it needed to be.

To cheer you up @Harry1 here's the worst penalty award I've ever seen, a game I was present at. The score at the time was Elche 1 Real Madrid 1 in the 5th minute of the 3 minutes of stoppage time. The ref, who was standing right next to the players invoived decided that it was arch ****house Pepe who had been fouled. Ronaldo scored the resulting penalty to win the game.

Only consolation is that it wasn't a last game of a season with promotion resting on winning it.

I think most of us would have been embarrassed to have clinched promotion on the back of a decision like that (well I would have).

We did have three good chances to make it either 4-0 or 4-1. But excellent performances from almost every player.

Worrying thing is our past record in play-offs. The only two teams I've ever supported have been involved in play-offs eleven times between them and failed to be successful in any of them.

Law of averages it has to at some point.

Ha ha, accepted - not that it needed to be.

To cheer you up @Harry1 here's the worst penalty award I've ever seen, a game I was present at. The score at the time was Elche 1 Real Madrid 1 in the 5th minute of the 3 minutes of stoppage time. The ref, who was standing right next to the players invoived decided that it was arch ****house Pepe who had been fouled. Ronaldo scored the resulting penalty to win the game.

Context wise, definitely up there. The actual incident though - not in the same century. At least there was some sort of physical contact and the RM player didn't have to run backwards desperately trying to find somebody, anybody to throw himself towards.

Bloody Hell, Scully actually showed the footwork of Messi to avoid making any contact with the cheating piece of ****

No. looks to me like he is trying to shield the ball... If you don't agree then fair enough........

I think short of getting a telescope out and pointing it towards scully just as he went towards the ball I'm not sure it could be any clearer he looked for it haha

This was a pivotal error.
Could have understood it if fans were in the house, but they weren't.

Conceivably, he's cost us a lot of money. That's what makes it worse in my opinion.

Exactly so. How many extra millions is it worth to be in the Championship?

could you temporarily support a third team - sunderland for instance - for the next few weeks?