Match Thread: Oxford United v Lincoln City | Vital Football

Match Thread: Oxford United v Lincoln City

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Reuters-Kassam-Stadium-Oxford-United-9-scaled.jpg

So, we're back on the road again, this time versus Oxford United in League One...

Ahead of the match, don't forget to:

- Have a go at the quiz (link below).
- Vote on the poll (link below).
- Read about tonight's referee (link below).

Following the match, don't forget to:

- Share your views on this thread!
- Nominate your Man of The Match (the thread will be started following the final whistle).
- Vote on the Man of The Match poll once nominations have ended.

I often read on here of must win games which aren’t, but I’m going to declare this is a must win game. Even though technically a draw still keeps the season alive, would surely leave too much in the lap of the gods.

Morning Imps, this is a real potential thriller of a match tonight. I suspect that we'll go all out as we have nothing to lose by a ferocious attack from the whistle, could be a very good watch!

Safe travels to everyone headed to the Kassam today, let's see if we can lift the lads to a historic victory!

COYMI!!!!

It’s going to be a very hard match for the lads tonight after Saturdays loss. Having to pick yourselves up and go again is such a big ask, especially with Oxford in the form they are. For me, it feels like the season is now over and it’s time to look forwards towards the next campaign. It was a fantastic run and has really brought the buzz back to the club. That is what we need to take forwards with us.
Having said all that, what’s the betting we pull off a result and suddenly it’s all back in the mix again. 😀 Will still fire up Ifollow for the last time and watch the game. It’s the least the lads deserve. UTI 👊💥👏

It genuinely is a must win game for once.

A win puts us right back in the mix with two games to go - it would also boost our goal difference advantage over Oxford by making theirs worse.

Jovon Makama will make his 50th appearance for the club if he plays at some point tonight; he has scored 4 goals in 49 games to date.

it's one of those where I want to watch on ifollow but scared to. Before the Wigan game I thought we'd draw against them and beat Oxford and that the 'Posh' boys would get a draw on Saturday - didn't expect (but should have) that Posh would do us no favours. In that respect I'm expecting my finger nails to be bitten to the bone tonight. Still think we can win this. Imps 4ever

No pressure, no expectations tonight - just thanks on the record for giving us a most excellent and unexpected second half of the season.

I'm sure we will go out swinging (if Oxford are good enough to nullify that, well done them); if we lose by two or three chasing so be it......and you just never know.