Match Thread: Notts County v Lincoln City | Page 13 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Notts County v Lincoln City

simes69 - 23/9/2017 17:05

I don't want to blame the ref, but if a player is sent off in the first 30 minutes it totally changes the game I'm afraid. I will wait to see the incident, but if it was for high kicking it should be a caution at worst, or when did we suddenly come over all continental?

And there was a high kick on raggett, where he gave a yellow to the Notts player... because raggett didn't roll around as if hit by machine gun fire.

LordLucan - 23/9/2017 17:06

At least we might get some spare seats at the bank when the bandwaggoners jump ship

Not so many if any of the additional 4.5k of them are season ticket holders..... but at least the club have got the money of them for the season.

nlondonimp - 23/9/2017 17:08

simes69 - 23/9/2017 17:05

I don't want to blame the ref, but if a player is sent off in the first 30 minutes it totally changes the game I'm afraid. I will wait to see the incident, but if it was for high kicking it should be a caution at worst, or when did we suddenly come over all continental?

And there was a high kick on raggett, where he gave a yellow to the Notts player... because raggett didn't roll around as if hit by machine gun fire.

I thought this too but it turns out the Notts player was never even booked, the yellow was for Habs for dissent :wall:

LordLucan - 23/9/2017 17:06

At least we might get some spare seats at the bank when the bandwaggoners jump ship

Well, going by the rate on the banter page, the "I've been going to Sincil Bank for years" brigade is currently outnumbering the "bandwagoners" by around 4-1

APHLCFC - 23/9/2017 17:03

Our reluctance to pay the going rate in the transfer market however admirable has left us weak in certain areas?

What reluctance? Who told you that?

LordLucan - 23/9/2017 17:11

Tongue was firmly in cheek Salford.

So was mine. Will now be looking out for the number of season ticket seats empty on Tuesday night when I come down for the game. Lucky me the Mrs is kicking me out of the house for the night because she would like to have the girls around.

The biggest disappointment today is being in a position where we could be 2.0/3.0 up before having a man sent for such dubious circumstances and it wasn't a red at the end of the day.

It's so frustrating for the 4000 plus fans who have to witness that kind of officiating.

bristolimp - 23/9/2017 08:52

What a terrible afternoon

We need extra players in January

Mid table will be an achievement and build over the summer.

They have to get their transfer dealings better next year.

We will finish higher than mid-table.

Transfer dealings have been very good.

Note to self: stay off match thread when not at the game.

Everyone's toys will come out of the pram we aren't even 10 games in yet.

I still maintain we will be there or thereabouts. There's a degree of patience required and we have been in more than every game this season. Great support for the team so far, let's continue this.

Scotimp - 23/9/2017 17:19

APHLCFC - 23/9/2017 17:03

Our reluctance to pay the going rate in the transfer market however admirable has left us weak in certain areas?

What reluctance? Who told you that?

Danny Cowley. Many times he said things asking the lines of "we won't pay more than we think a player is worth" or "we can't compete with the budgets if certain clubs"

Nothing wrong with that approach, in fact it's very sensible. However we have to accept that it leaves us fishing in a certain pool and out expectations should be in line with that.

For what it's worth, I'd be very happy with a mid table finish this year and steady, maintainable progress thereafter. It's just the constant berating of referees that makes us come across as though it's only or refereeing that can beat us.

Big Jack McGinley - 23/9/2017 17:26

Have transfer dealings been very good? Out of the "new" players Green is fairly good, Palmer is average, Vickers can't get in ahead of Farman who isn't good enough for the FL, Eardley is decent, Bostwick is good, Maguire-Drew has been hugely disappointing and Dickie isn't bad.

I wouldnt' call that "very good".

Fair play to County in the second half, they scored three cracking goals and looked like a real force going forward. I suspect they might have beaten us even if we'd had eleven men.

Difficult to judge today. Obviously we had ten men for most of the game but that shouldn't paper over the cracks, something clearly isn't right and we looked just as one-dimensional without Rhead as we do with him. I just don't think we have the forward players to change the way we play, and that's worrying.

Best moment of the day (apart from the brief hope of our goal) was the reaction to Hawkridge after his goal and at full time. Booing in the first half was ridiculous, pleased to see that common sense triumphed in the end.

Imp4life91 - 23/9/2017 17:38

Have transfer dealings been very good? Out of the "new" players Green is fairly good, Palmer is average, Vickers can't get in ahead of Farman who isn't good enough for the FL, Eardley is decent, Bostwick is good, Maguire-Drew has been hugely disappointing and Dickie isn't bad.

I wouldnt' call that "very good".

Agreed our recruitment hasn't been what we've required if we're honest

I can't see how one can comment on a game without physically being there . Just dont get it. Still perhaps its my age :yehaa: .

September was always a tough month for us with the fixtures. But it does highlight many areas where we are consistently not up to standard of the top teams in this league. I would say October looks a much easier set of fixtures and i think we will see some better results then. We are certainly lacking up front in numbers and quality.

We haven’t signed enough players - injuries and suspensions and failure to sign a striker will cost us. We need a squad of 25 first team players

We will be mid table (there are too many better teams in this league).

Which is still an achievement.

cheshireimp - 23/9/2017 17:48

I can't see how one can comment on a game without physically being there . Just dont get it. Still perhaps its my age :yehaa: .

Yes can't see how you could
Clearly people do

Agreed might be our age

Recruitment will be the aspect of the Cowley’s game that stops them managing at the higher level. Perhaps it’s the club being Lincolnshire tight again however whichever way you look at it we have not signed enough quality players

Ps I wasn’t at the game - I am not commenting on the game but saying with a forward player now sent off we are relying on the likes of Palmer who isn’t up to it!!