Match Thread: Mansfield Town v Lincoln City | Page 23 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Mansfield Town v Lincoln City

Most Stags seemed quite complimentary about us and weren't as direct as they'd heard (surprise, surprise) so had pre-conceived ideas as we think most opposition do.

-------------------------

"I thought myself that Lincoln on Monday night were nothing like a 'hoof ball' team. They'd get Gilks to feed a full back from yet another toothless attack from us and before you could blink the said full back had run to the edge of our box very often unchallenged, I thought they passed it well. Ok their pen came from a bit of a punt from Gilks and Akinde getting a flick on to dumbfound Sir Malvind and Conrad into making a right pigs ear of things but on the whole I thought t'Imps were a decent watch. One thing we are lacking in an attacking sense is someone who can head a ball and scare the pants off the oppo defence. Tyler, CJ, Jorge and Nicky aren't that type of players."

In fact I have not read one post mentioning hoofball or the like since Monday night. Maybe the message is finally getting through that we do mix it and can play some good stuff too.

Well the prototype (pass/switch play) was given a run out in the first half at Tranmere before it went back into the laboratory for a bit of a tweak but it's certainly been getting increasing run outs as the season has progressed and it has to be said is starting to go through the gears now.

Wow. This thread has got some of the reactionaries foaming. Oh for the days when most of the globe was pink, the sun never set, darkies knew their place and all the homos were in prison.

People ranting against the BBC usually haven't spent any extended period abroad.. those that have tend to appreciate it and are aware of what the alternative looks like.

One thing I noticed, but forgot to mention was post match Danny seemed quite concerned that we hadn't played as he would have liked in front of the cameras. Mentioned more than once and also about how our style is criticised so wanted to show not the case on TV.
I must admit I didn't think that would bother him, but obviously did. I also had a rather darker thought that the perceived style here has made him unpopular as a choice for some jobs so maybe trying to address that.

One thing I noticed, but forgot to mention was post match Danny seemed quite concerned that we hadn't played as he would have liked in front of the cameras. Mentioned more than once and also about how our style is criticised so wanted to show not the case on TV.
I must admit I didn't think that would bother him, but obviously did. I also had a rather darker thought that the perceived style here has made him unpopular as a choice for some jobs so maybe trying to address that.
The only "perceived style" that truly matters in football is a winning one. 99% of supporters will go with anything when it's working well. It's only when it isn't working that the snipers come out of the woods.

Anyone who does that due diligence at board level will know it's not as it perceived. Direct at times, yes, but not all out long ball week in, week out.