Match Thread: Lincoln City v Wigan Athletic | Page 8 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Wigan Athletic

This reminds me of the season where we we beaten by mid table Rochdale to miss our last day. The next season we went up automatically!

The fat lady isn’t singing yet. Yes, we need to win all three games and hope others drop points. I for one will be getting up at 2:30am to watch the game.
Some really silly comments on here from so-called supporters. The players really went for it - even MS said in his post-match interview they heard what the Oxford score was and decided to get the lads to just push and go for the win,which left them exposed at the back. Risky strategy but what else would you do. They had to go for the win and the officials clearly didn’t help.interesting that even MS thinks the officals simply “guessed” the Taylor pull-back was out of play before he pulled it back (Mark Hone says pretty much the same). If we’d gone 2-1 up then we probably wouldn’t have thrown caution to the wind.

A tired team who out up a valiant fight but it wasn't to be. After the away game against Derby in December I never, in my wildest dreams, thought we would be where we are in April. An amazing achievement. When one unbeaten run ends it opens the door for another to start. Let's start the next one on Tuesday!

If third disallowed goal was for ball being out I am not having it.

Nothing to lose Tuesday now, be right behind them.

As per usual 1 loss and everyone who started dipping there toe back in the water because we were doing well are moaning giving them reason to disappear.

If you aren’t happy with a team losing for the first time in 17 games when players will be running on empty and STILL in with a chance of play offs which wasn’t expected this season by any stretch of the imagination then find something else to do in your spare time or another team to support.

Oxford have won 5-0 with 30% possession and conceding 15 shots but hats off they must have been clinical. They will have more of the ball Tuesday and have that mindset knowing a draw would be enough for them so let’s see what happens.

Really? Other than the two very well hit goals we looked reasonably secure - and we carried a bigger goal threat most of the game. I think we easily deserved a point today.

Not sure I agree Imp, although I realise everyone sees a game differently. I think Clanford had it right above when he says "Wigan were by far the better side. Tighter, better in possession and took their chances.".

They had 65% possession, more shots on target and more corners than us. Yes, we had three disallowed and we have snatched points and wins in similar games before. But today I thought Wigan looked better than us in every department - and there haven't been many games since Skoobs arrived where I have thought that.

Its still on though if we produce a miracle and beat Oxford, It will need others to drop points in their last two games of course. But with a Skoobs team, you never know.

I do think, as I have for the past month or two, our midfield injuries have finally take their toll. A midfield of Erhahon, McGrandles, and Hamilton today may well have won us the sgame.

C
As per usual 1 loss and everyone who started dipping there toe back in the water because we were doing well are moaning giving them reason to disappear.

If you aren’t happy with a team losing for the first time in 17 games when players will be running on empty and STILL in with a chance of play offs which wasn’t expected this season by any stretch of the imagination then find something else to do in your spare time or another team to support.
Cmon. Nobody on here is moaning as far as I can see. They are commenting on the game.

Everyone knows Skoobs has worked a miracle to get us in this position, and everyone has I'm sure enjoyed the run.

This isn't the 1960s and early 70s when the reaction to today would have been "they don't want to go up".

We are now running on empty a bit, but I wouldn't bet against us pulling off a shock on Tuesday!

C

Cmon. Nobody on here is moaning as far as I can see. They are commenting on the game.

Everyone knows Skoobs has worked a miracle to get us in this position, and everyone has I'm sure enjoyed the run.

This isn't the 1960s and early 70s when the reaction to today would have been "they don't want to go up".

We are now running on empty a bit, but I wouldn't bet against us pulling off a shock on Tuesday!
It’s not on here I’ve seen the people complaining.

Everyone on here has there head screwed on and knows how well we are doing.

Paradoxically I feel the pressure lifted tonight. Let's go to Oxford (no fear, nothing to lose) get the win, and give them something to think about on Friday night.

Our approach has become very clear, whilst Oxford have to draw their line in the sand and let's hope it sows a bit of uncertainty in the process, on which we can capitalise on the night.

Just out of interest, anybody seen any definitive footage to indicate whether the lineo is a highly competent, calm, decisive professional or an incompetent season defining, bottle job buffoon?

As tricky as it is if we can beat Oxford then we can still take it to the 46th league match of the season. Otherwise we took it to 44 matches which is beyond expectation. I do think we’ve just run out of steam though. You can only sprint for so long.

I thought we were a bit too stand offish towards their number 8, we let him receive the ball and move it on too easily. I also thought we struggled to get to grips with their number 5 playing the inverted full back role, it meant they always had the numbers on us and an easy pass. Fair play to Wigan they were neat and tidy and with a decent striker they'd be a real threat.

I thought we looked tired today, we were sloppy in possession and slow and disjointed in the press. All that said we still had enough moments to have taken something from the game.

Can't fault the effort and it was clear the players were gutted, hopefully they can dust themselves down and find something in their energy reserves for Oxford.

An unbelievable run has come to an end but the season hasn't. Win on Tuesday and we're right back in it.

Sadly, I think the loco has been running on smoke for a couple of weeks. We just ran out of coal I'm afraid.
Cracking effort to get where we have given the injury record. Still possible, but I'm booking gig tickets for 18/5.

I thought we were a bit too stand offish towards their number 8, we let him receive the ball and move it on too easily. I also thought we struggled to get to grips with their number 5 playing the inverted full back role, it meant they always had the numbers on us and an easy pass. Fair play to Wigan they were neat and tidy and with a decent striker they'd be a real threat.

I thought we looked tired today, we were sloppy in possession and slow and disjointed in the press. All that said we still had enough moments to have taken something from the game.

Can't fault the effort and it was clear the players were gutted, hopefully they can dust themselves down and find something in their energy reserves for Oxford.

An unbelievable run has come to an end but the season hasn't. Win on Tuesday and we're right back in it.

Should have seen red just after half time, House won the ball off him, no idea how it was given the other way. Would have been a nailed on yellow, hence the referees decision I presume…..