Match Thread: Lincoln City v Wigan Athletic | Page 7 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Wigan Athletic

Just couldn’t find a way. Fair play to Wigan, and a good following from them. Draw would have been a fair result perhaps, but there we go.

Disappointing. We tried but Wigan made life difficult for us. At least it gives some clarity to the recruitment team for next season. It is a shame that we couldn’t find a way to make the Tuesday game an all to play for affair. Up the Imps

Win the last 3 games we still have a good chance. Season is clearly not over just yet.

Bit unlucky today... first time in a while. Beaten by two good strikes and things never quite fell for us in the box.

Beat Oxford on Tuesday, it is back on.

Some miserable quitters on here.

I think Oxford’s recent form is the issue.

It’s a must win game now for sure, so could make it an easy scoring watch. For us to get in the playoffs now we’ll have to win all 3 remaining games.

Oh well, it has been fun but I think we've run out of steam

I'll be at Oxford on Tuesday but sadly not expecting a win

UTI

FT. Phew - pick the bones out of that. Credit to Wigan, they did a job on us. The lads had so much heart and effort they deserved a draw, but Wigan were just throwing bodies in front of the ball. What really disappointed me was the officials- they were incredibly poor, especially the referee. Wigan pulled our players around so often and the officals just let it go time and again. The refs cards were ridiculous at times. Real disappointment but we go again on Tuesday. Think it’s going to be incredibly difficult to pick ourselves up for Tuesday after today, and Posh did us no favours at all. Argument for having the EFL Trophy final at the end of the season (or before - certainly not when it impacts on the league run-in). Another reason I don’t like the POs. Disappointing day but not over yet.

As excellent as Jensen has been this season, he unfortunately cost us two points at Reading, and a point today.

Not that we deserved a point today, as we didn't.

That result sums up the last couple of weeks. The passing of my Grandad two weeks ago today, and now it feels like our hopes for the season are over.

It's hard not to be negative right now. (I'll try not to be, because certain people don't read negative comments, even though opinions are part of football).

As for the people on their forum. Perhaps take a step back before you judge someone because you have no idea where they are mentally. This is regarding posts I made on there a few years ago. Life was a mess. Simple as.

As excellent as Jensen has been this season, he unfortunately cost us two points at Reading, and a point today.

Not that we deserved a point today, as we didn't.
Really? Other than the two very well hit goals we looked reasonably secure - and we carried a bigger goal threat most of the game. I think we easily deserved a point today.

Well, that was disappointing but but after the ride of the last few months, keep positive. 3 wins and we're still in with a shout.

Missing Bishop plus the loss of Hamilton and McGrandles finally bit today?

Push onto Tuesday and hope to nick 3 points, first goal will be crucial.

No complaints but bitterly disappointed. In the end, with our threadbare squad, we have just run out of steam. Yes we had three cancelled out, but to be honest, Wigan were by far the better side. Tighter, better in possession and took their chances. Let’s be honest, if we had achieved the impossible, we would have been woefully underprepared for the Championship. Am desperate to see us at the level in my lifetime, but at least with a fighting chance. We go to Oxford now under no pressure and maybe that will help us, but otherwise, we can look forward with real optimism to next season. UTI 👊💥👏

Disappointed but very grateful for the run we've seen. If we win at Oxford we've still got half a chance but at least we know we're in safe hands for next season either way.