Match Thread: Lincoln City v Shrewsbury Town | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Shrewsbury Town

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
"I personally think that he has been perhaps our key player so far this season.":

"I personally think that he has been perhaps our key player so far this season. We seem to play better when he starts a game for us. His defensive play in midfield allows our other midfield players the opportunity to be more expressive when attacking."

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk...en-perhaps-our-key-player-so-far-this-season/

Lincoln City v Shrewsbury Town - Recently Promoted Referee Appointed:

Information about tonight's officials.

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk...ury-town-recently-promoted-referee-appointed/

"Sam Ricketts has won me over after a shaky start." (Who Are Ya?):

"Sam Ricketts has won me over after a shaky start, but he's put together HIS squad this season and they look a good side. He's a good young manager who now he's got his own team can push the club forward."

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/sam-ricketts-has-won-me-over-after-a-shaky-start/

Still get the tremors about that 0-4 at the start of Schoeys second season. Let’s hope for something better tonight.

Here’s a bit of trivia - who was the poor youth team centre back who got bombed in to make his debut in that game? Phil something?

Still get the tremors about that 0-4 at the start of Schoeys second season. Let’s hope for something better tonight.

Here’s a bit of trivia - who was the poor youth team centre back who got bombed in to make his debut in that game? Phil something?

Phil Watts i think. I think that was his only game for us.

0 4 was the first time I saw the bloke waving his white hanky in disgust at our poor performance, did it a few more times after that.
He's no longer with us, hope he saw some of the revival before he died.
Tonight will be the first home league game I've missed since we've returned to the league.

Remember going to Gay Meadow sometime in the 70's expecting to get a stuffing, but won 4-0, think John Ward had a good day, the locals were not happy ! pre segregation.

0 4 was the first time I saw the bloke waving his white hanky in disgust at our poor performance, did it a few more times after that.
He's no longer with us, hope he saw some of the revival before he died.
Tonight will be the first home league game I've missed since we've returned to the league.

What ever become to the 'white hanky' waver, he did it at a few matches in the SW.

Not only the 0-4 but a 1-5 home loss to them under Tillson on a Tuesday night

Strange game that as all the goals were scored in the first half

Never seen City beat Shrewsbury at Sincil Bank. Plenty of wins on visits to their place and Wembley of course. Just as well I'm having to restrict myself to the IFollow viewing option tonight

Those watching on iFollow tonight, they have been starting early recently, showing the opposition arriving, views around the ground ect; Worth tuning in at 7pm or just after if you can.