Match Thread: Lincoln City v Shrewsbury Town | Page 11 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Shrewsbury Town

Funny game tonight. Absolutely dominated the Shrews, but in the first half, it felt a bit flat and was very quiet after our superb start to the game. The second half was even more dominant capped with a superb move leading to Hacketts blaster. Bishops penno miss more than made up by Lasses cross goal. Looking forward to the Tubby Jester on Saturday. UTI 👊💥👏

It would be good to pass the 50 point mark tonight.

After that, games like Saturday's become "must win" if there's any chance of the play-offs.

A season "petering out" is not a bad thing though given some of the angst on here at the turn of the year.
Job done.

Anyone care about the relegation battle we were"sleepwalking into" 2 months ago?

The odds may still on the season "petering out" but if it does, bring on next season as we're starting to see what Skubala, his coaching team and the recruitment team are trying to achieve.

Decided to make my 200 mile trip on Saturday not tonight. Probably lost 1400 fans having to move the game from a Saturday to tonight.
Its not easy for fans not on the doorstep. I cant use illness as an excuse but after a long day at work and this time of year its a big ask especially with an elderly dad. But it was definitely the wrong decision tonight, gutted i missed it. Something special is brewing at the Bank. Next year could see a genuine push for promotion. I hope the Board have a contingency plan for the championship.

Well that was entertaining. Really good performance from everyone. At times we played some brilliant football.

Another win and unbeaten since New Year's day. Great stuff.

Would you believe that not so long ago there was an idiot on here who called Skubala a futsal boy or something 😉

Really enjoyed my evening at the Bank today. Well done Imps 👍

Last edited:
We now have the second best defence in League One in terms of goals conceded - only leaders Portsmouth (30) have conceded fewer than us (32). Only Portsmouth keeper Will Norris (16) has more clean sheets than Lukas Jensen (14).
I’m having to count again and again as I can’t believe it but is that just 2 conceded in 8 games!? That’s incredible.

Manager of the Month nomination incoming, I am sure - and possibly the award itself after a long line of unsuccessful nominations for our managers.

After four goals in the month, Reeco must be in line for the Player of the Month award too.
No. Don't let him win. The season will be all over.

best sustained performance since the high points of the appleton play off season.

easyfebruary done and dusted = 16 points, and you could see the confidence that good results gives to players. having that confidence allowed them to hold on to the ball more in tight spaces, and play a pass rather than just getting rid. massive change.

also, no way that shrewsbury were particularly awful, they probably played the same as they do week after week, they just didn't get close to us tonight. we were off the scale for L1.

great to get the 50 point mark sorted. uti.

NEXT!

That's the most fun you can have in Lincoln on a Tuesday night! Best performance of the season, we should have scored 5 with House and Hackett's gilt-edged chances and could have had even more. Shrewsbury were dreadful, but we made them look so.

Hard to pick a man of the match - Bishop was great apart from the pen, House led the line superbly, Hackett excellent, Taylor with the assist of the season, and Sorensen maybe the best of the lot, even if his goal was a fluke. Onwards and upwards!

A good performance, an entertaining performance and dominant performance.

Started really well, thought they had a little spell of possession just before half time without creating anything but second half we just blew them away and won by scoring 3 but it could easily of been 6 or 7.

Played some really good football and was the best performance under Scubala and the best all round performance since the Charlton home game.

Stevenage will be much more of a physical battle on Saturday but we know we have the players to stand up to that and we have players that can play and create so it's going to be an intriguing game.

If we're on it, like tonight we'll beat them, then we can take a huge following to Barnsley the following week and have a great day out.

Great performance, really good.

50 points hit.

A big focus now should be new contracts for Bishop and Lasse. And making McGrandles and Mitchell into permanent fixtures.
I'm pretty sure Jez and his team will be playing games on their phones and will not have thought at all about new contracts for anyone - dear oh dear - sleepwalking to relegatoion next season

In my personal opinion that's the best all round performance by the Imps since the play off season. I don't think any player including the subs had a poor or even average game.
Skubala has instilled belief in the players and the brand at football we are now playing is starting to bear fruit. Amazing pressing not just from the front two but from midfield as well. He has managed to make us more attacking but also kept us solid defensively a very hard thing to do.
I would luv us to make the playoffs but really depends on others dropping points as well as us keeping on winning but I feel we might just come up short. But having said that even if we don't make it this season I am really excited about our prospects next season.
Get renewing your season tickets i think we are in for an exciting ride.

Never seen a game with so many chances, we were so dominant. We could easily have been 4-0 by half-time and more than double that by full-time. Confidence and desire running through the whole team tonight and some beautiful play too. Roll on Saturday.