Match Thread: Lincoln City v Shrewsbury Town | Page 13 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Shrewsbury Town

Just got home an hour ago, and usual without looking at anything else including highlights here's a few thoughts from me.

The formation we played - I don't know what's been said, but it looked to me like 4-4-2 with no player wide on the right apart from Sorensen pushing forward, and Hackett, at least in the first half, often reinforcing the midfield rather than staying out wide.

Shrewsbury had two good spells either side of half time when we couldn't get hold of the ball - but we prevented them from really creating anything apart from the shot that drew a good save from Jensen. Otherwise we were so much better than them that 5-0 would have been a deserved scoreline, if only Taylor then Moylan had been able to muster more than some rather tame efforts on goal.

A great team performance.

Was last night the first outing for "Reeco's on fire"? Or have I missed it previously? Did they ask Rheady about the copyright?
Brilliant! I thought I heard at the end of Saturday but it didn’t get going, great to hear it last night. I also heard the Magic Hat song on Saturday, couldn’t catch which player was wearing it, I guess Alex Mitchell. Always good to recycle and update the old favourites!

Pop into Spouge's and listen to a record or two, have a look at the dugout canoe in the museum on Broadgate, have a mooch in Nobbs to see the latest models, then along Sincil Bank pausing only for a couple of pints and a game o' doms at the Chequers in Monson Street.
After pie and chips in Woolworth's cafeteria.

I thought that watching the replay of the pen. Assume the ref knows the rules?
I was behind that goal slightly to that side, a lot nearer than the camera was and watching in 3D and can confirm that the goalkeeper touched the ball onto the post. In fact, on his second half display I thought he was their best player and certainly kept the score down.

What a shame it was watched by our lowest league crowd since we returned to the EFL (Covid restrictions aside): 6,842 is the first time since the 1-0 win over Bromley on 1 April 2017 (6,843)

The run of home league attendances over 7,000 comes to an end at 129.
Just had a look at L1's midweek attendances and whilst Stevenage and Wigan's were up because of sell-out away ends and derby games, the difference between season average and midweeks were all down a fair amount - us at 16%, Vale 35%, Wycombe 28%, Burton 32%, Derby 8% (not sure how many Charlton took), Orient 12% - so not just our attendance.

Shrewsbury bringing 200 didn't help, thought they'd bring more than that.