Match Thread: Lincoln City v Shrewsbury Town | Page 10 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Shrewsbury Town

Caveat that Shrews were awful, but our intensity and pressing contributed to that and some of the passing and movement were terrific.

Biggest plus was sustaining the intensity for the full game, how often have we seen a dominant half followed by a poor one, but the 2nd half was even better tonight.

Quite a few people including me down with winter bugs at the minute. Been a lot of games recently and March will be just as busy so I suspect quite a few have decided if there's one game to miss this was probably the one. At least we could enjoy it on IFollow
Decided to make my 200 mile trip on Saturday not tonight. Probably lost 1400 fans having to move the game from a Saturday to tonight.

Quite a few people including me down with winter bugs at the minute. Been a lot of games recently and March will be just as busy so I suspect quite a few have decided if there's one game to miss this was probably the one. At least we could enjoy it on IFollow
I'm on the absent list too tonight .Long Term illness has beat me this time but what a great watch

At times, that was really impressive.

Shrewsbury were absolutely shite, but we didn’t half make them look that way.

Looking at the play off picture, I suppose this Saturday is a “must win”. If we don’t, I think it will be a step too far.

But, after losing 4 in a row over the festive period, I’m just happy we have breached the 50 point mark.

A sniff of the top 6 would certainly be a boost on and off the pitch regardless, especially with it currently being the season ticket renewal window.

Nice of Bishop to miss his penalty on purpose to give Lasse his moment!

UTFI.

Manager of the Month nomination incoming, I am sure - and possibly the award itself after a long line of unsuccessful nominations for our managers.

After four goals in the month, Reeco must be in line for the Player of the Month award too.

Radio Lincolnshire plum increasing depths of ineptitude. Where is the idiot who sacked Skubala after five games. Probably back on facebook where he belongs.

Just watched the highlights, so good! What a rocket by Hackett. Great to see so many chances.

Random quirk - did their keeper actually touch the Bishop pen? I think if not, the game should have been stopped as pen taker can't be the first to touch the ball again? Fun.

(Edit - notice also mentioned it above!)

This is probably the only real downer of the evening and a great shame.
I've been up and down the A1 and A17 to Sleaford, visiting my poorly old dad, far too much recently so decided to give it a miss tonight. A late finish at work also put paid to any potential for a last minute change of heart.
I doubt many of those missing tonight were due to similar reasons to the early season crap being dished up!

Just watched the highlights, so good! What a rocket by Hackett. Great to see so many chances.

Random quirk - did their keeper actually touch the Bishop pen? I think if not, the game should have been stopped as pen taker can't be the first to touch the ball again? Fun.

(Edit - notice also mentioned it above!)
Yes, I thought he definitely touched it onto the post.

I've been up and down the A1 and A17 to Sleaford, visiting my poorly old dad, far too much recently so decided to give it a miss tonight. A late finish at work also put paid to any potential for a last minute change of heart.
I doubt many of those missing tonight were due to similar reasons to the early season crap being dished up!
Hope your dad is ok.

I’m also part of the reason for the low attendance. Watched on ifollow rather than the 300 mile round trip!