Match Thread: Lincoln City v Port Vale | Page 16 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Port Vale

playing someone who is injured is likely to make the injury worse, or create a new related injury. plus andrade has hardly contributed since playing with this 'injury'. so what is the benefit of playing him?

He returned from injury against Newport as a sub and his pace wasn't quite there on a couple of late runs as it was before his injury. I think his selection has been a needs must as Mensah/Luque who would be the probable replacements are not trusted by the management hence the latter leaving and the former probably going back to Bristol. In many ways this shows he is willing to go that bit extra for the team
has Luque gone?

over four christmas matches [c/o bbc stats]:
total lincoln corners: 8
total opposition corners: 30

total lincoln shots at goal: 32
total opposition shots at goal: 71 [SEVENTYONE]

i would be a bit concerned about who is doing the most effective attacking in our games.

I would say on that basis we are doing the most effective attacking, as from those stats we have W2 D1 L1

Blimey I go away to cook the tea and our world seems to have ended again.
Teams in this league will not bow down before us. This is a very level league but one where we have won more games this season than any other club in the division.
Stats on corners/shots/pies eaten are irrelevant.
Points earned is what matters.

on stats, the management would disagree with you, which is good enough for me.
and trends in our performances are related to the points we win.

maybe if we had pushed for and won more than one corner today, we would have earned more points. same applied at crewe. but let's see what happens in the next 5 league games. 4 against teams in the bottom half. uti.

playing someone who is injured is likely to make the injury worse, or create a new related injury. plus andrade has hardly contributed since playing with this 'injury'. so what is the benefit of playing him?

Although to be fair Danny has specifically commented on occasion that some injuries cannot be worstened through playing. I don’t think they take any risk with player wellbeing.

I would say on that basis we are doing the most effective attacking, as from those stats we have W2 D1 L1
true. although the management are aiming for two points a game. and we dropped 5 points playing three teams in the bottom half [15th, 19th, 22nd]. conceding a high number of shots and corners is not a great long term way to go out and win points.

The stunning self-entitlement emerges yet again. Might come as a bit of a shock to our post-Ipswich friends but League Two teams, and League Two level players, will never play well every week.

I think nearly everyone understands that MR, even the post-Ipswich ones like me.

But there's no merit in saying something is good if it isn't and overall today it was.... mediocre. That would apply if it yielded three points or no points.

I totally agree that over-reacting to setbacks is ridiculous but we see the same thing in reverse when things go well, which is equally unrealistic.

Over these four holiday games we've seen probably 60 minutes of good football - the first 20 minutes against Newport, the first 15 against Cambridge and the short spell in and around our goals there, and about 15 minutes of the second half today. Crewe was a write-off.

Aside from that 60 out of 360+ the rest has been a bit purposeless. A lot of perspiration but not much inspiration.

This team is better than that. I've seen a lot of non Lincoln City football in the last few years, much of it abroad and this side's target should be to win the League. Not because I'm a johnny-come-lately and expect it, but because it's clear to me they're capable of it.

One unstoppable 25 yarder from being a very satisfactory afternoon.
Port Vale limited to a few long range shots, one of which flew in. We have our weaknesses which we can try to address in January but if you are n’t positive about things now, you never will be. If you choose to support a L2 side, since August none other would have made you happier.

Disappointed today, but can’t possibly be unhappy where we are in the league. Have a lovely evening and thanks for your company this afternoon it was great fun. Onwards and upwards (can’t get above top but you get the drift) ❤️⚪❤️⚪️???

Game never really got going, thought one goal would win it and it very nearly did. No complaints, the other lot deserved something, we invited them on in the last 25 minutes. A number of players below par, carrying knocks ? or just knackered , Andrade lacking confidence to beat his man, Harry now a target to hack down, he did ok though. Rheady did well despite having his shirt almost ripped off his back several times, no protection from a very poor Ref, game too much for him to handle. Time for a League breather and get some reinforcements which are badly needed.

We are still top of the league by four points which is a brilliant place to be.
Today was a very poor game and I felt both teams were poor. We certainly never got going. We definitely need at least a couple of signings to compete for a place in the starting line up not as bench warmers.
Whenever Danny is interviewed ref transfers he very rarely let's anything out. But if we took a everything he said after the match has gospel it didn't sound like we have the funds available to sign the sort of players we need. But we shall see.