Match Thread: Lincoln City v Port Vale | Page 14 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Port Vale

Danny ruling out any players coming in tomorrow. Having to wait for players to become available, and have what money we have ready.

Indee
i find that 'thick and fast' argument about xmas baffling.
1. every team in our league has played the same schedule.
2. it is really just two saturday games, and two midweek games... no different to any other two week period of the season.

Indeed of course port vale have had their trotters up all Christmas!

Danny ruling out any players coming in tomorrow. Having to wait for players to become available, and have what money we have ready.

It’s down to then now. Failure to gain promotion will be failure to sign enough in the January window. Our squad is too small and lacks depth

For a team who have scored loads of goals, I find it strange how we struggle to create goalscoring chances/test the keeper in a lot of matches.
over four christmas matches [c/o bbc stats]:
total lincoln corners: 8
total opposition corners: 30

total lincoln shots at goal: 32
total opposition shots at goal: 71 [SEVENTYONE]

i would be a bit concerned about who is doing the most effective attacking in our games.

We had one corner today - but scored from it. Earlier in the season, Andrade was winning several in each half, but barely seemed able to get forward today.

We had one corner today - but scored from it. Earlier in the season, Andrade was winning several in each half, but barely seemed able to get forward today.

Has his head been turned?

Perhaps he is jetting off the the exotic lands of the lower championship.

Personally I think he rolls around too much and is over rated.

plus it is a sign of how much attacking we are doing. how much pressure we are building. how much momentum we have. and how much last ditch defending the opposition are having to do.

did vale really have to defend well today? did their keeper make a save?

In answer to the Andrade question, he doesn't look fit (as in carrying an injury) to me. I feel we are having to play him as a necessity, rather than because he is 100% fit.

The stats NLondonImp has put up are quite frankly worrying in the extreme. That has to change.

Frankly there has to be some signings this January, as fatigue will play a massive part. It will happen, so we will just have to be patient.

Vale looked like they wanted it more today, and a point was a more than fair result. They contained the threat well, and I know some will probably criticise me for saying this, but I felt that they had one eye on Saturday, which Vale took advantage of.

What concerns me, is our inability to deal with teams in the bottom third of the table. I know the usual excuse/mitigation of anyone can beat anyone in this league, is generally trotted out, but to win leagues, or get promoted, you still should pot the more managable reds, as well as the tricky long ones.

Personally I think he rolls around too much and is over rated.

He is in a run of relatively poor form. Earlier this season I thought Gordon should have been brought in to replace Anderson. He wasn't, but Anderson is currently playing very well.

As for Andrade, you think he's over rated, and I think a fair few others do. To me, he's likely to play at a higher level in the future than any other player in the squad.

And for me that makes him the most potentially valuable in the transfer market.

2 minutes from seeing the game out and whilst we didn’t look like scoring neither did Vale.

They did a job in fairness took an absolute age to do anything, throw ins, corners etc it really killed any momentum. In one sense I am pleased for Aspin although he’s a bit of a clogger of a manager he’s a decent guy.

He is in a run of relatively poor form. Earlier this season I thought Gordon should have been brought in to replace Anderson. He wasn't, but Anderson is currently playing very well.

As for Andrade, you think he's over rated, and I think a fair few others do. To me, he's likely to play at a higher level in the future than any other player in the squad.

And for me that makes him the most potentially valuable in the transfer market.

We should cash in on him!