Match Thread: Lincoln City v Peterborough United | Page 11 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Peterborough United

Where I sit in the library it often gives you a good view of the away fans SW entrance, I noticed yesterday that 3 porta loos were put in the away end corner. I have just read a post on the Posh forum about away fans missing large parts of the game and many of the 1900 waiting half an hour or so for having to queue to use them.

Surely with the excellent fan village, facilities and overall experience we have created that brings in much needed money, what has happened to the SW away toilets? Is it to do with the building works? It’s only that if we want to encourage the away fan to part with their hard earned, it’s going to seriously make people think twice about coming back.

I missed Derby last week for personal reasons, with that and a dislike of Posh I was very excited for this match!

Thought the defence was excellent. Mitchell man of the match for me.

Really impressed with Draper, seemed to be involved in most our best moments with a flick on or pass to get us going. Be interesting to see what we do when House is fit. Arguably they are too similar for a partnership, but could also argue they’d give centre backs a nightmare together.

Thought Taylor needed to be a little more aggressive to be honest, but appreciate not seen best of his game.

Excellent defensively again and committed, but 0 wins in 9 games with only 30% possession, I see little or no difference to Kennedyball.

Despite the lack of goals, this is a million miles from Kennedyball. You stick with Citeh, Kev. You're clearly still carrying that torch for Cowley and Cowley.

I missed Derby last week for personal reasons, with that and a dislike of Posh I was very excited for this match!

Thought the defence was excellent. Mitchell man of the match for me.

Really impressed with Draper, seemed to be involved in most our best moments with a flick on or pass to get us going. Be interesting to see what we do when House is fit. Arguably they are too similar for a partnership, but could also argue they’d give centre backs a nightmare together.

Thought Taylor needed to be a little more aggressive to be honest, but appreciate not seen best of his game.

Taylor seemed to be getting quite frustrated and was not involved much yeterday. Thought he also looked p**sed after missing those 4/5 chances v Derby too. I hope when he finally gets off the mark for us he will settle down and we will see the main reason why we and other clubs were in for him. Think there is definitely a player in there but he might find it a bit harder against League One defenders (though the Derby guy that had a huge reputation was had on toast).

Two weeks in a row now we've taken the game to a top team in this division and have arguably been the better team and probably should have beaten them. The manner in which we are playing is far more entertaining than some of the games we've won.
The atmosphere vs both Derby and Posh was great and the fact their fans were quiet at the end of the draws shows the easy wins they both thought they were visiting us for.
If you're on the fence about watching our next home game, get off it and get down and back the lads. You won't regret it.

Where I sit in the library it often gives you a good view of the away fans SW entrance, I noticed yesterday that 3 porta loos were put in the away end corner. I have just read a post on the Posh forum about away fans missing large parts of the game and many of the 1900 waiting half an hour or so for having to queue to use them.

Surely with the excellent fan village, facilities and overall experience we have created that brings in much needed money, what has happened to the SW away toilets? Is it to do with the building works? It’s only that if we want to encourage the away fan to part with their hard earned, it’s going to seriously make people think twice about coming back.
Derby fans were complaining on their forum about the toilet situation last week as well, no lighting in there for a start apparently and no female toilets available (stewards took them across to the Echo Stand ones).

So the answer to whether we are better at the end of January than December is a resounding yes.
Peterborough and Derby are really good teams so to go toe to toe with them in an energised and entertaining way is a huge improvement.
Defensively we have always been strong. Must say I was disappointed that Eyoma was dropped after playing so well but the three central defenders have all been outstanding and that includes Roughan who has played as well as ever in the last couple of games.
Getting your best three midfielders on the pitch at the same time has also been a big factor in the last couple of games. My heart bleeds for Bishop. Despite some strange comments I have seen in the past about him being a better RB and only effective as a substitute, I am convinced, and I may well be his biggest fan, that without the injuries he would be at the very least a competent Championship player. It's a testament really to him that he keeps going as he has had bad injuries every single season. We surely have to bring another midfielder in now and hopefully we could bring another ball player in. Have seen comments about possibly bringing Grant back. Unfortunately there is probably zip chance of that but would like a player in that mould. Hamilton can drop back into the deeper role but he has excelled in the forward of the three where he is less restricted and can use his boundless effort and energy.

So with the question about improvement in January being answered the next one is can we improve more in February and score more goals.
Hackett has done well in the deeper role and both Derby and Peterborough have really good wide players but I don't want to see him there in the future. I would have been sorely tempted to have taken Taylor off at half time yesterday and pushed Hackett up front.
I certainly wouldn't be advocating dropping Taylor but it just wasn't going right for him yesterday. In contrast I actually think we must try to get him involved more and that means getting the ball into areas where he can use that pace.
The teams we play in February won't be as good as the last two. I am also hoping we just tinker with the formation to get another player further up the pitch, whether that is Hackett or Mandroiu, and we try to also attack the flanks more and get more balls into the box.

Taylor seemed to be getting quite frustrated and was not involved much yeterday. Thought he also looked p**sed after missing those 4/5 chances v Derby too. I hope when he finally gets off the mark for us he will settle down and we will see the main reason why we and other clubs were in for him. Think there is definitely a player in there but he might find it a bit harder against League One defenders (though the Derby guy that had a huge reputation was had on toast).
I heard somewhere that, because he used to play for Posh, they knew all about his pace and sat slightly deeper to counter him. Don’t know how much there is in that but I can understand if they did.

Also Burton have completely had our number recently.

.....plus if you look at the League table there is very little between the clubs from 9th to 20th position.

Some have now changed managers and will have added to their squads, as we have done, so all you can expect is every game will be a battle...and you have to be ready and prepared for that.

The next few games will be a really good reflection of how much we have improved now we have some forwards.

Hopefully we can maintain what we saw against Derby and Peterborough with the added bonus of goals.

My only slight concern is that we haven't created any real chances for Freddie, as well as he has played. Freddie's goals at the Drogs and Walsall came mainly from crosses into the box and playing the ball up to him in the box so he can use his body strength and control to turn his man and get a shot in.

We have to find a way to do that as well.

The next few games will be a really good reflection of how much we have improved now we have some forwards.

Hopefully we can maintain what we saw against Derby and Peterborough with the added bonus of goals.

My only slight concern is that we haven't created any real chances for Freddie, as well as he has played. Freddie's goals at the Drogs and Walsall came mainly from crosses into the box and playing the ball up to him in the box so he can use his body strength and control to turn his man and get a shot in.

Possibly what MS was referring to in his last pre-match when he was talking about Draper/Taylor working on understanding each other, and knowing when to interchange regarding sitting or holding - something they are definitely capable of doing but much to do in those departments.

Perhaps so....but then Derby and Peterborough will be slightly worried their strikers hardly got a kick in their last match at Sincil Bank.

Despite the lack of goals, this is a million miles from Kennedyball. You stick with Citeh, Kev. You're clearly still carrying that torch for Cowley and Cowley.
It was whilst they were available, even I’ve conceded that flame has finally been extinguished and they’re never coming back …. but we’ll rue missing the chance too.

The ‘pure’ treble winners and greatest British football team you’ve ever seen in your lifetime have nothing to do with this conversation.