Match Thread: Lincoln City v Peterborough United | Page 7 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Peterborough United

Matched one of the best teams in the league. Kept another clean sheet. Created few decent chances. I'm happy with that.

Next month is massive now. If we can replicate performances from last two games we should be getting points.
In fact we have to...

Good point today 👍

Yes, Toni was decent. Definitely better than Gavin Gordon.

Hortin however gets more unbearable as every week goes by.
I just wish he would concentrate on the game and describe what’s going on instead of dishing out cliches and making himself a hostage to fortune with so many throwaway comments that are commentators curses, not to mention talking about other outside events during the game. He should listen to some of the other BBC Radio commentators and see how they cover a game.

Another very good display Resulting in a well deserved point. We matched Posh man for man and more or less nullified their attacking threat. Up top, I thought we were better today than last week in that we created more chances across the forward line rather than Taylor’s solo efforts. Difficult to pick out individuals as everyone putb8n a real shift, but special mentions to Draper who was immense and the pairing of Mitchell and Jackson who stood up to everything Posh could muster. Disappointed to hear some boos when Danny came on. He did well in my opinion. A worry over Bish coming off too but in the end another ver6 satisfying home game. A certain Man C fan on here still thinks its Kennedyball. What I see is football that is starting to become exciting and very watchable again. Roll on Burton. UTI 👊💥👏

Have to admit I wasn’t sure about Reeco playing LWB when I saw the team, but I actually think it was a master-stroke by MS. Posh are renowned for having really good wingers and a lot of their goals come from their wide play. MS clearly recognised this and took a calculated gamble by playing Reeco there to counter their RW (& Lasse covering the LW). Worked a treat as Reeco was able to read every move their winger made and nullify it. 👏👏

Bishop injured again, hamstring problem.

Mitchell is a must, if Millwall are willing to let him go.

If its a serious hamstring injury, I think Bishop has just lost his chance to get a new contract.

Unfortunate as I thought today was his best ever game as a starter against decent opposition.

However financially we just cannot afford a high salaried player who cannot start on a regular basis.

Yes, Toni was decent. Definitely better than Gavin Gordon.

Hortin however gets more unbearable as every week goes by.
Horton was ok, though now thinks he’s a poet! When I heard Toni was on, I had visions of Joey Barton warming up his keyboard - but she was excellent and loved how she was getting emotional involved in the game. She’d have blown our ears off if we’d have scored! Credit where credit is due, well done Toni.