Match Thread: Lincoln City v Northampton Town | Page 16 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Northampton Town

Really great game. We were significantly better than 3-2 but agree with some of the comments. Best thing about first half was finally maintaining a clean sheet after we scored. Worst thing about the second half was conceding quickly after we scored the second,

My watch clocked 9 1/2 mins extra. Bizarre.
Also thought McCartan was fouled mid 2nd half in box.
Ref over fussy all game but at least not the abysmal Kettle clown we had on Tues.

And breathe.....

Sounded like 3 quality goals, but getting in to bad habit of conceding shortly after scoring and not holding leads - Cambridge, FGR, Wolf Cubs, now today. Dug 2 wins out of those, but making it hard and not characteristic of Cowley teams.

true but I don't think we are like other Cowley teams!

Played well 1st half, scored a well worked goal and my worry at half time was we might regret only being 1 goal up. Expected Northampton to start 2nd half strong but, the opposite really and got a deserved 2nd. Thought then we would be safe if we didn't concede quickly which we duly did and gave them a lift. Lo and behold got an equaliser and a fine save from Vickers saved what would have been a wonder goal. Still thought we had another goal in us, and Bruno obliged with the goal of the game. Some of our attacking play was excellent but Danny rightly not happy we're conceding 2 goals a game. But I don't think you can argue we deserved to win the game

I’m a big Eardley fan and he would go straight back in the team for me.
However, I’m not sure we are going to get much better cover than Wilson. I thought he was excellent in both defence and going forward today. Playing a different position usually takes a game or two to get used to, which people do n’t seem to take into account. Think we can cross right back cover off the shopping list for January.

Was especially nice to wipe the smile off Van Veens face, those in attendance at SB today will totally understand!

Was it that big a deal?. For the amount of abuse they dish out to players sometimes fans can be awfully precious.

I personally thought Nouble at Colchester the other week was worse.

Looks like we had the largest gate of the day in the FA Cup, although Vale v Sunderland should beat it tomorrow.

Combined attendance at the other two games in Lincolnshire was just 4251 (2260 at Glumford, 1991 at Rubble Park).

Poor Accrington had barely a thousand for their game - they deserve better.

Cracking cup tie, really enjoyable.
Best I've seen us going forward in a while, deserved to be 2 or 3 up at half time.
McCartan was unplayable in the first half and should have scored at least once.
Thought he was fouled early in the second and looked at penalty granted I'm a long way away.
Then the lovely strike from Pett and I thought that was that but we went to sleep and let them back in, very poor.
As we all we never give up under the Cowleys and then Bruno scores a wonder strike to win it.
Then the ref seemed determined to get them a leveller by going way over the 5 minutes of injury time but it backfired with their man getting a red card for retaliation.
Proper cup tie if ever there was one.

Thought he actually took it very well,smiling back.
Didn't hear him get any real stick until the Twonk scored and skid across towards the Co-op and goaded the crowd. Must have felt a bit of a knob when we scored the 3rd!. Still whatever gives him a lazy lob on!

Should of won by a couple at least. Sloppy game very open and sort of entertaining even though for the wrong reasons

I thought Akinde was excellent today, put himself about and put the Fear of God into the Northampton.defence. Pity McCartan missed his chance when teed up by Big John. Nice to have a centre forward with wheels. They've finally begun to work out the types of ball he needs to run onto. Looking promising.

Well done to Bruno for not allowing his defensive faux pas to put him off. Finish a la Josh Ginnelly last season.

At last a performance and a deserved win.