Match Thread: Lincoln City v Northampton Town | Page 13 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Northampton Town

Another poor poor display.Not sure what can be said that hasn’t already. We just have no shape, no outlet and when we do get the ball we get immediate pressure and lose it again. TJ had another good game tonight and although a cameo, a nod to Shodipo who showed more in his short time than most of his fellow forwards.
Skoobs needs to start showing why he’s been brought in startimg with the break after Blackpool to stamp his identity and style.

I think a lot of our issues are recruitment. We took a player on loan who was injured when he comes on the pitch he has done nothing. We have changed to our own goalkeeper and we have lost points because of it.

We have a lot of players who are not good enough or not available enough we are better off having fewer but better players who are available to play
is it even in his gift? Does he get a say in his signings? Or does he get an email from the director of football or CEO saying here is your new signing?
You still here ?

One win in 6 is worrying. We had a gap, and stayed in 9th despite defeats, but that is now gone, so every result now will affect the position in the table. There is nothing more depressing than a slide. Hopefully some practised understanding between midfield players can be created in training. There is time to do that, if the coach is any good.

is it even in his gift? Does he get a say in his signings? Or does he get an email from the director of football or CEO saying here is your new signing?
If its not in his gift they why would you take the job ? Its always the manager/coach that gets sacked not the DoF.

I was in 2 minds about recalling Draper but on reflection I would do it. Play 5-3-2 with aggressive wing backs and see what happens.

If its not in his gift they why would you take the job ? Its always the manager/coach that gets sacked not the DoF.
Exactly he is coach not manager. The Cowleys were managers would do everything from scouting recruiting coaching and match day. This chap is just the coach but apparently he hasn’t had time to coach so far. Something is not right

Shocking, abysmal, embarrassing.
That was non league stuff.

Three (well deserved) defeats in the row and no win at home yet for our futsal coach. That is relegation form.

I wonder why recruitment process took so long if we ended up with this cheap imitation of the head coach in charge ?

There is lot more quality in this team even with injuries we have at the moment to play better than this dross we have to watch.

Can't see us winning a game right now. We are worse than under Kennedy and there no doubt about it..

I would normally be at the match but my Wife is very ill so staying at home ,Wish I was there regardless of the result
Sorry to hear that hope things get better.

I haven’t been to a home game for nearly 10 years so I have less to miss.

It's there anything different to add after the last good knows how many games? Dreadful again. A team full of defenders surprisingly enough carried no attacking threat again.

MS had done absolutely nothing to suggest he knows what he's doing.

I was in 2 minds about recalling Draper but on reflection I would do it. Play 5-3-2 with aggressive wing backs and see what happens.

The thing is, I’m still not sure we have wingbacks.

I’m expecting a shift towards Skubala’s preferred formation which will take minimum of 2 windows and many personnel changes.

The thing is, I’m still not sure we have wingbacks.

I’m expecting a shift towards Skubala’s preferred formation which will take minimum of 2 windows and many personnel changes.
Depends on how deep our pockets are g the benefactors carry on then they might spend a fortune in January and have a new side.

TJ back to his best at least.
O'Connor a bit of a liability - if we go back 4 he is not in it.
Probably overdid the subs at the end. Makama did alright - has tended to when coming on as sub.

Wasn't a bad game to watch despite the result.

Oh well... season just about rebuilding now anyway.

Happy new year everyone! UTI.
Tj was decent at left centre back while o’c was sitting it out last time. And looks a better option at left centre back. Should have stuck with him. Even tonight tj was moved to right centre back to accommodate o’c.

Will this new lad Moylan be able to play on New Year's day? Although I am not sure how much one player can change the confidence of a whole team.

I am not sure about that, should we back Skubala?

We are getting worse by the game, and in no way can that be attributable to losing Hackett, Walker and House.
Yup. We are only getting worse. It could have been more sensible to keep Shaw in charge than appointing Skubala who clearly has no clue..