Match Thread: Lincoln City v Morecambe | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Morecambe

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Reuters-Sincil-Bank-v-Shrewsbury-Town-h-18-10-19-1024x673.jpg

POLL: Morecambe (h - 08/02/22): Will The Imps Win, Lose or Draw?
https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/snack-poll/morecambe-h-08-02-22-will-the-imps-win-lose-or-draw/

Michael Appleton: "It's something that needs to be addressed between now and the end of the season."

A summary of what Michael Appleton said yesterday.

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk...ressed-between-now-and-the-end-of-the-season/

Morecambe (h): Three Things The Imps Need To Do To Win:

"Get the team balance right. I didn't go to Plymouth to enjoy our last win but have been at the last two losses."

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/morecambe-h-three-things-the-imps-need-to-do-to-win/

Morecambe (h): Tonight's Match Officials:

Lincoln City host Morecambe on Tuesday, February 8 for the match at Sincil Bank, and the match carries a 19:45 kick-off.

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/morecambe-h-tonights-match-officials/

Morecambe (h): Tonight's Team News:

The Imps take on Morecambe at Sincil Bank in League One this evening. The kick-off is at 19:45, and team news will be provided on the link below once we have it.

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/morecambe-h-tonights-team-news/

I really really want to be positive about this match but I am finding it hard. My heart says of course we can win but my head is saying the best we can hope for is a draw with how abjectly rubbish we are at home.

Morecambe are exactly the sort of side we are going to struggle against just like Wycombe on Saturday. I was at the away match and they harried and hassled us in the second half and we just fell apart and panicked on the ball. I fear it will be the same tonight. We have won against Oxford, Sunderland and Plymouth all of who gave us time and space to play. We won't get that tonight and I can realistically see only one outcome.

MA refuses to change his tactics and we are wide open when teams press us into a mistake and it's likely the same will happen tonight.

I go with hope but I am bracing myself for the worst. Normally I am uber positive but watching us at home over the last few months has knocked it out of me to a degree. I will of course sing and shout and I won't let my negativity spill out into the open because that's the last thing the players need and I will give them all the support I can.

We should not look at this as a "must win" match. Shrewsbury and Fleetwood are in a very similar place to us, but their 1-1 draw on Saturday will not define their season. A draw would not be a disaster, although a loss would cause serious concern.UTI!

We should not look at this as a "must win" match. Shrewsbury and Fleetwood are in a very similar place to us, but their 1-1 draw on Saturday will not define their season. A draw would not be a disaster, although a loss would cause serious concern.UTI!
There's a load of teams on more or less the same number of points , going to be a bumpy ride until the end of the season, it's all about who stands up to the pressure.

I hate the expression must win. It’s not a must win game. Might be a lot better to win than lose game but only games like Aldershot 2011 or Wycombe 1998 are must win

Sadly I can't attend tonight - logistics are against me currently - I hope my absence isn't taken as not supporting the team. I will be there Saturday and next Tuesday.

Please, if you do go, make some bloody noise. I've been left looking like a muppet clapping etc along on my own recently because nobody around me can be arsed, it's rubbish. We perform so much better when we're noisy - something players and opposing fans always comment on - but it can't happen if nobody bothers. YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

To show my commitment, anyone know if I can watch on iFollow tonight? Happy to put my money in (again) to follow us.

COME ON YOU IMPS!

Last edited:
Sadly I can't attend tonight - logistics are against me currently - I hope my absence isn't taken as not supporting the team. I will be there Saturday and next Tuesday.

Please, if you do go, make some bloody noise. I've been left looking like a muppet clapping etc along on my own recently because nobody around me can be arsed, it's rubbish. We perform so much better when we're noisy - something players and opposing fans always comment on - but it can't happen if nobody bothers. YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

To show my commitment, anyone know if I can watch on iFollow tonight? Happy to put my money in (again) to follow us.
I think you can

I really really want to be positive about this match but I am finding it hard. My heart says of course we can win but my head is saying the best we can hope for is a draw with how abjectly rubbish we are at home.

Morecambe are exactly the sort of side we are going to struggle against just like Wycombe on Saturday. I was at the away match and they harried and hassled us in the second half and we just fell apart and panicked on the ball. I fear it will be the same tonight. We have won against Oxford, Sunderland and Plymouth all of who gave us time and space to play. We won't get that tonight and I can realistically see only one outcome.

MA refuses to change his tactics and we are wide open when teams press us into a mistake and it's likely the same will happen tonight.

I go with hope but I am bracing myself for the worst. Normally I am uber positive but watching us at home over the last few months has knocked it out of me to a degree. I will of course sing and shout and I won't let my negativity spill out into the open because that's the last thing the players need and I will give them all the support I can.

It's hard isn't it, as just copying their play style/being more direct doesn't seem entirely sensible either - I.e. hitting Marquis, seems a bit like playing into their hands. Hopefully some little tweaks and finding ways to 'play' further up the pitch can help us get over the line.

A home win would be so, so welcome!

I think we'll win, if we don't, I might wait a while before taking a peek a the forum, the initial kneejerk reaction to a defeat is depressing. Firmly believe we won't go down, can only see the 2nd half of the season yielding far more points than the 1st,but there will be hiccups along the way. Cmon you imps.

You'll be depressed if we lose anyway so take a peek you never know Billy the Imps comments might even give you a laugh.

Thing is if we're losing at home to a team that's below us in the table then justifiable so the team will get it both barrels. I don't support losers I want to see players showing some balls and that they have got the fight for what's ahead.

I'm sick of getting beat at home, our results and some of the performances have not been acceptable and it needs turning sooner rather than later.

If we win tonight we could move up a couple of places if other results go our way but we are slipping further and further into relying on other teams being worse than us to be able to stay in this league rather than us being good enough to to stay in it.

We seem to be saying the same old , same old before every game and it's getting boring.

I want to see some guts and some glory from the players tonight. 100% commitment to winning the game. Lets win the game ugly for a change. If you get that and we're just not good enough to beat the likes of Morcombe then fair enough. But we are good enough to beat them and I want to see commitment and passion not just that we are a nice little team who can pass the ball around a lot and look good going sideways and backwards.