Match Thread: Lincoln City v Mansfield Town | Page 9 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Mansfield Town

Chesterfield losing again. 17 without a win before today, and Allen is still in a job. Amazing.

Gutting to concede so late in a game we probably should have won. I blame myself as just the other day I was thinking that we don't conceede many late goals. Second half there was only one team in it (which may have been down to their fixture pile. Up recently). What makes it even worse is playing sweet Caroline over the tanoy at the end! We had just given away 2 points!

Gutting to concede so late in a game we probably should have won. I blame myself as just the other day I was thinking that we don't conceede many late goals. Second half there was only one team in it (which may have been down to their fixture pile. Up recently). What makes it even worse is playing sweet Caroline over the tanoy at the end! We had just given away 2 points!
They havent got a clue re the music!

I think we might look to bring in a wide player in January, Anderson is really industrious likeable player. However like today second half he had the freedom of the pitch down their left hand side but just couldn’t find any quality at key moments.

Back again.... Bother! Ah well, that's a point in the bag some didn't expect us to get which suits me. That lad Gordon is rather coming good, isn't he?

Well that smacks like a wet fish
Some decent spells second half and the lad Gordon has found his feet
We lacked the intensity up top and although JA I thought played well we’re lacking the support to keep the ball in the last third
Thought the ref played straight into the Mansfield prematch whinge mindset
The support today was excellent all game

Colchester briefly 1-0 up against Exeter, now 1-1. We'll still be 5 points clear of the chasing pack as it stands.

We've had more than enough games this season when we have snatched one at the death, held on for dear life or not really played well enough for a win but still have (MK and Northampton to name two) so a draw against Mansfield is ok when we played well enough for a win. That we were better, particularly 2nd half, isn't in doubt but 1-1 is not the end of the world. Disappointed but it's football...can't win every week.

As usual, as I write, results seem to be still going our way. MK drawing away, Newport losing away, Colchester drawing at home and Tranmere losing at home.

Roll on Tuesday night