Match Thread: Lincoln City v Mansfield Town | Page 10 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Mansfield Town

Totally agree with plumbob's assessment here. Knott through the centre is clearly more effective - he tends to disappear when pushed out wide - but with Woodyard and Bostwick in there too, how does he fit in?

I thought yesterday we controlled the first half well, second half I was hoping this would continue.
Mansfield however clearly came out with instructions to be more physical, challenges were at times rash but the referee did nothing to actually control this.
Looking at the highlights on TV last night it looked a dead cert handball for a penalty in my view, this along with Rhead being held in a "bear hug" in the area on another occasion would have been penalised by some referees.

As Danny stated we can't complain about refs as we can't control them but this guy ruined the game for us.

On another note I thought Angol when with us was fast & vibrant, saw nothing of this from him yesterday, I'd imagine the Stags supporters will soon be getting on his back with performances like that.

Skip155 - 17/9/2017 11:46

m00rlandimp - 17/9/2017 11:37

...billy knott isnt a winger hes a number 10 , i think the cowleys are trying to hard to get rhead and knott in the same team but it wont work ,or if its 4231 thats being played then rhead is no number 10 would prefer whitehouse there...
FARMAN
LONG RAGGS WATERFALL SAM
BOSSIE WOODY
ANDERSON WHITEHOUSE KNOTT
GREEN

Haven't you said Knott isn't a winger and then suggested he plays there in your formation?
who said hes playing on the wing ?anderson down the right wing running the channels green running the channels on left and whitehouse bombing on knott tucking in sam overlapping or green running the right channel , whitehouse bombing on sam overlapping knott tucking in to number 10 role while we are attacking all different formations all 4 attacking players changing places etc passing moving it sure as hell gives the other team plenty to think about instead of you 2 mark rhead you follow the knockdown they know whats coming and its easy to mark against we got away with it in non league but not in this league , why buy whitehouse and knott if your just going to play for the % of headers/flickons won by rhead , when this dont work IE: the other team have worked us out we go to plan b when plan b should be the start and the long balls should be plan b last 15mins when needing a goal against a tired defence , look at what every team does mark rhead and wait for the flick ons were becoming predictable at home , now it maybe works well away as mansfield wont play at home like that and a quick long ball counter works but at home with 6/7men behind the ball it dont work

Chesterimp - 16/9/2017 14:14

Woodyard fouled in build up?
Yep, one of several the ref let them off with during the second half.
Rose falls over free kick, Anderson gets put in the air not even a yellow!

Cambridgeimp83 - 17/9/2017 10:34

Its been a tough start but we sit tenth, County are second but three of their wins came against Crawley, Chesterfield and Port Vale two of which sacked their managers yesterday.

Couldn't you then argue that our wins have come against FGR who are on 5 points, Carlisle who are struggling and Stevenage who are distinctly average also? For what it's worth I don't think we'll be below 12th but we don't have enough about us going forward to win consistently other than against teams lower in the table.

Rhead isn't good enough for the FL. He was released from Mansfield because of that reason and that's why he's with us. And considering he is well into his thirties, I don't see him improving to be the required standard. Green is fine, I've no problem with Green. And Palmer is okay but no more than that. Until we have someone to go up front with Green and we start finishing chances better then we'll not progress. And unfortunately, we are stuck until January whilst hoping the rest of our squad stay fit too because we're threadbare.

In all a good start. Some tweaks needed, maybe some reinforcements too but a good start. Some hard games played - including inflicting the first defeat on Stevenage, and some good points earned.

No cause for panic at all - 8 games, two losses, each by a single goal, some potentially easier games to come too.

I suspect a day trust that D&NC have a handle on things...

Are we a striker light? After Akinola didn't go through I would say we are. Am I worried? Not at all. The Cowleys have Whitehouse, JMD and Ginnelly that they haven't fully utilised yet who are good attacking options. Add them to Anderson, Knott, Green, Rhead, Palmer and Arnold and I am sure that the management will stew, ponder, tinker and thrash out a system that fits these players sufficiently for us to be well placed by January. Come the transfer window we will be well placed to invest well for the second half of the season push.

I'd rather be us right now than the likes Crawley, FGR, Chesterfield and Port Vale.
Yes yesterday was disappointing especially losing that charmless chancer evans and his bunch.
We lost to Exeter and then won 4 of the next 5.
We definitely need a player or 3 to give us options especially upfront.

I'd rather be us right now than the likes Crawley, FGR, Chesterfield and Port Vale.
Yes yesterday was disappointing especially losing that charmless chancer evans and his bunch.
We lost to Exeter and then won 4 of the next 5.
We definitely need a player or 3 to give us options especially upfront.

Mattytindraws - 16/9/2017 23:35

Farman = non league keeper. Rhead = non league striker. Waterfall = non league centre half. 1 out of the 3 has seemingly been corrected, just need the other 2 now. Could add Arnold but as he's injured he can be excused. Really poor today, talk of play offs/promotion utterly delusional.

Complete horsesh1t

Gary's match report and some quite damning stuff on Evans and Raynor they really are odious aren't they?
https://staceywest.net/2017/09/17/evans-up-to-his-tricks-as-below-par-city-edged-out-imps-0-1-mansfield/

Davidimp - 17/9/2017 21:01

Gary's match report and some quite damning stuff on Evans and Raynor they really are odious aren't they?
https://staceywest.net/2017/09/17/evans-up-to-his-tricks-as-below-par-city-edged-out-imps-0-1-mansfield/

Quite amazing that Evans has found in his assistant a bigger c)nt than himself.

Whilst I agree Evans is a horrible fat turd of a man, I hope the comments reported in that article about a Lincoln medic saying they wouldn't save him if he had a heart attack aren't true. Do medics not have a duty of care even if the patient is an odious ****?

Imp4life91 - 17/9/2017 22:55

Whilst I agree Evans is a horrible fat turd of a man, I hope the comments reported in that article about a Lincoln medic saying they wouldn't save him if he had a heart attack aren't true. Do medics not have a duty of care even if the patient is an odious ****?

I don't suppose he really meant it.