Match Thread: Lincoln City v Liverpool | Page 40 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Liverpool

I have no idea where some people are getting this 'kids' rubbish from. Liverpool fielded nine players costing £259 million, and ten players with 231 full international caps between them. That is fact, not fantasy.
Also, you'd think there were a few players taking part with an annual wage higher than our entire squad!

I mean do you want to enlighten me as to how you came to that conclusion then if it's anything else (!) that Liverpool side is a long way off say, going and winning away at Palace with those kids.
What you really meant was to devalue my opinion and how I got to it.

But to humour you, how about the overall value of the team they fielded, the skills of many of those on show and the number of full international caps amongst them.

As for kids, it might be pertinent to check the average age of the players fielded. Hardly kids - and you'll never win anything with kids anyway...

But of course, we won't ever know whether that squad would place higher than Everton, as Liverpool have a surfeit of talent available...

Enjoy today's game. Come on you Imps!!!!!!!!!!! ©

I have no idea where some people are getting this 'kids' rubbish from. Liverpool fielded nine players costing £259 million, and ten players with 231 full international caps between them. That is fact, not fantasy.

This £259m is hugely disingenous; counting Jota, Keita and Fabinho who all came off the bench when we were about 5-0 down and ignoring they played a CB who has never played a competitive game and two young midfielders.

It's fair to say there was experience/int'l caps with Van Dijk and the front three, but I am comparing a midfield of Allan/Doucoure/Gomes to one with about 20 senior appearances (in England). That's why I think this Liverpool/Everton thing is mad.

What you really meant was to devalue my opinion and how I got to it.

But to humour you, how about the overall value of the team they fielded, the skills of many of those on show and the number of full international caps amongst them.

As for kids, it might be pertinent to check the average age of the players fielded. Hardly kids - and you'll never win anything with kids anyway...

But of course, we won't ever know whether that squad would place higher than Everton, as Liverpool have a surfeit of talent available...

Enjoy today's game. Come on you Imps!!!!!!!!!!! ©

If you are using cost or international caps please kindly compare the current Everton starting lineup with the Liverpool lineup that played against us.

They had some kids - Curtis Jones, who won MoM and Klopp gushed over, and Neco Williams, probably the 2nd best young right back in the country at the moment - withers the best left on the bench.

We were up against some incredible talent and I'm MA and the coaching team will extract maximum value from the experience.

If you are using cost or international caps please kindly compare the current Everton starting lineup with the Liverpool lineup that played against us.

Well this side looks mostly familiar..
  • 13Adrián
  • 76Williams
  • 47Phillips
  • 12Gomez
  • 7MilnerSubstituted for Larouciat 9'minutes
  • 20Lallana
  • 68Chirivella
  • 48Jones
  • 67Elliott Substituted for Brewster at 79'minutes
  • 18Minamino Substituted for Oxlade-Chamberlain
They beat this Everton side 1-0 in the FA cup earlier this year
  • 1Pickford
  • 23Coleman Substituted forKean at 63'minutes
  • 13Mina
  • 2Holgate
  • 19Sidibé
  • 18Schneiderlin
  • 10G SigurdssonSubstituted forDelphat 63'minutes
  • 12DigneBooked at 57mins
  • 11WalcottSubstituted forBernardat 79'minutes
  • 7Richarlison
  • 9Calvert-Lewin

Well this side looks mostly familiar..
  • 13Adrián
  • 76Williams
  • 47Phillips
  • 12Gomez
  • 7MilnerSubstituted for Larouciat 9'minutes
  • 20Lallana
  • 68Chirivella
  • 48Jones
  • 67Elliott Substituted for Brewster at 79'minutes
  • 18Minamino Substituted for Oxlade-Chamberlain
They beat this Everton side 1-0 in the FA cup earlier this year
  • 1Pickford
  • 23Coleman Substituted forKean at 63'minutes
  • 13Mina
  • 2Holgate
  • 19Sidibé
  • 18Schneiderlin
  • 10G SigurdssonSubstituted forDelphat 63'minutes
  • 12DigneBooked at 57mins
  • 11WalcottSubstituted forBernardat 79'minutes
  • 7Richarlison
  • 9Calvert-Lewin

I knew someone would post this and I'll semi give you it but 1) hard to argue this Everton side isn't vastly better even 12 months on) 2) a one off game at anfield is very different to a season of premier League football.

I get everyone's point here and I know I'm in a minority, I just think the Liverpool side is being hugely over egged - back of a fag packet it's maybe 100-120m and 75-80m of that is Van Dijk. Obviously a huge gulf to us yada yada but find a premier League side who doesn't have a squad or starting lineup with a value like that. It's Fulham or Newcastle or palace or whoever these days.

It was a vastly weakened side by any metric, with a midfield and centre half you could get at and I'm just disappointed that games like that come up rarely and we never got even close to having a go. Barely laid a glove on them or put a tackle in, and were playing blind reverse passes out of our back four!

Give ANY premier League player three touches in your box and you're destined for trouble; I'm just not sure the reaction would be so complementary had we lost 7-2 to Southampton or something and that's what it felt like to me. I also think by rotating, playing Bradley etc it was unnecessarily damaging and not good for Palmer etc.

Anyway, sorry for being a bit confrontational getting the point across and let's win now 👍