Match Thread: Lincoln City v Leyton Orient | Page 2 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Leyton Orient

Just setting off and stopping over at my Dad's tonight. This will be a tough game. They are a very decent side but don't score too many goals so the first goal today will be vital. If they get it I expect they'll go to a flat back 10 and we might struggle to break them down. We get it and they'll be forced to come at us which will play into our hands to get a second, third, fourth etc...
Going to enjoy it either way

Well will be there today after missing the Bristol Rovers game because my brother was critically ill.
Firstly I would like to thank all on this wonderful site who responding with kind wishes before the Bristol game when I said my brother Pete was ill. Unfortunately we lost him at 535 yesterday morning. Like me Lincoln born and bred and a lifelong Imps fan and season ticket holder. We both sat in lower 4 in the GBM stand me in row H him with his son in row C . We used to meet up at half time and discuss and analyse the first half and express our opinion about what tactics to use second half. Like all proper football fans we had superior knowledge than the Manager.l will miss him at Sincil Bank (it will always be that to us) today but I know the lads won't let us down .
There will be a rose on his seat today so if you see it you might realise who he was .
And if you see a guy acting a bit strange at half time and stood in front of section 4 talking to himself it will only be me talking to my brother.
UTI

A full house at Sincil Bank for a game with so much riding on the outcome. Any sort of a win will do and if other results fall our way it will be even better. Come on the Imps.

On the flip side, Orient really have to win today. They need at least five wins and probably six if they are to stand any chance, and it does matter which other teams they get those wins against. Their awful goal difference places them effectively four points behind us as things stand, and seven if they lose. That puts the pressure on them.

Well will be there today after missing the Bristol Rovers game because my brother was critically ill.
Firstly I would like to thank all on this wonderful site who responding with kind wishes before the Bristol game when I said my brother Pete was ill. Unfortunately we lost him at 535 yesterday morning. Like me Lincoln born and bred and a lifelong Imps fan and season ticket holder. We both sat in lower 4 in the GBM stand me in row H him with his son in row C . We used to meet up at half time and discuss and analyse the first half and express our opinion about what tactics to use second half. Like all proper football fans we had superior knowledge than the Manager.l will miss him at Sincil Bank (it will always be that to us) today but I know the lads won't let us down .
There will be a rose on his seat today so if you see it you might realise who he was .
And if you see a guy acting a bit strange at half time and stood in front of section 4 talking to himself it will only be me talking to my brother.
UTI
So sorry for your loss. These are the special memories that many of us hold.

UTI
Sincere condolences to you and your family - we are all Imps

UTI
Sorry for your loss. Very sad news. Condolences to you and your family.

UTI

My sincere best wishes and thoughts are with you and your family Tony. Just having lost my mother in November a ST holder still at 93, I know it’s not easy attending games afterwards. I am sure your brother (like my mother) would want you to carry on and honour him by keeping going to the games and make it a special memory of the times you had together.

Just reflecting on the sad circumstances of the first game between us this season and wondering how significant what you could describe as a 6 point swing from replaying it might be.

UTI
Sorry for your loss Mate. Hopefully he can help the Imps to a comfortable win today and will be looking down on all our games from here on in, wherever that may finish this season.