Match Thread: Lincoln City v Ipswich Town | Page 36 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Ipswich Town

I think a fair few more went for i-follow than 1300, from supporters meeting the last figures were.

- As of 30/9/20, 560 supporters requested full credit, 1,300 supporters requested iFollow + credit, 150 supporters requested a pro rata cash refund. Club still waiting on final figures.

The 560 would be before the season started?
The option window was two weeks from closing when this figure was published as by the time the second window closed we had 4500 season ticket holders.

We and Ipswich appear to have been charged by the FA for failing to control our players following that melee at the end of the match. We have until Thursday to respond.

Lambert has been fined and given a 1 match ban

We and Ipswich appear to have been charged by the FA for failing to control our players following that melee at the end of the match. We have until Thursday to respond.

Lambert has been fined and given a 1 match ban
Cause of the problem was Nolan being totally out of control and trying to break Harry A's leg, so I would 'hope' we have a certain amount of mitigation. Last thing needed in the current climate is any sort of fine.

However, this is in the hands of that paragon of consistency and logic which is the FA. Lambert just a 1-match ban and fine for that performance during (with his coaching team by the Portakabin), immediately after with the ref, and in post match interview inlcuding effectively condoning Nolan? QED.

I always find these charges weird. I mean, what do they expect to happen when a teammate is taken out in the way Anderson was?

If there were punches thrown and it turned into a brawl then fair enough but them types of coming together, which are over pretty quickly, just need to be left alone and carry on. No need for a charge, that type of thing will happen every time there's a bad challenge.

Looks like the FA didn't listen to Lamberts comments about how he basically wouldn't be taking action against Nolan!. Appleton said fines against our players would happen more than like, maybe that will appease the FA?.

I always find these charges weird. I mean, what do they expect to happen when a teammate is taken out in the way Anderson was?

If there were punches thrown and it turned into a brawl then fair enough but them types of coming together, which are over pretty quickly, just need to be left alone and carry on. No need for a charge, that type of thing will happen every time there's a bad challenge.
Indeed the ref actually dealt with quite well at the time, it was over very quickly.

Just under 6,000 watching on Ifollow. I’m guessing that includes season tickets holders but may be wrong. I’m a bit disappointed, given top of the table clash, no travelling involved so home or away wherever you are same chance to watch. Between us average attendance around 30,000 plus as I say floaters who wouldn’t have been able to travel. Okay more than one person per stream in some cases, but if it averaged at 2 that’s still a lot of fans not engaging. I worry that people get out of the habit of going or find other things to do with their time

There are a number of parameters why the figures may appear to be disappointing.

>Those who are not mobile/laptop/computer enabled.
>Those households with no broadband.
>Those who find it difficult and are not IT literate.
> Those who go to matches obviously to see the Imps but more for company & social interaction with friends.
>Those that don’t like non attending experience.
>Those who are caring for others for example, especially in these times with football understandably a low priority.

I’m sure there are many more reasons, but it’s not through being successful.

There are a number of parameters why the figures may appear to be disappointing.

> Those who go to matches obviously to see the Imps but more for company & social interaction with friends.
>Those who are caring for others for example, especially in these times with football understandably a low priority.

I get all that but counter that with 18,000 Ipswich fans who wouldn’t have travelled, exiles to Lincoln who wouldn’t have travelled, no restriction/hassle to get a ticket, it was a miserable wet day with no need to leave the home. So for all those people not subscribing for the reasons you state, the potential audience is much higher

I get all that but counter that with 18,000 Ipswich fans who wouldn’t have travelled, exiles to Lincoln who wouldn’t have travelled, no restriction/hassle to get a ticket, it was a miserable wet day with no need to leave the home. So for all those people not subscribing for the reasons you state, the potential audience is much higher

Also can add a number who are travelling to non league grounds to watch some live football.

Just under 3,000 home fans is a good figure considering a lot of friends / families / Season Ticket holders will buy one pass and watch together and taking into account all the reasons listed above.

Only 1300 have opted for Ifollow option

Multiples were not offered the ifollow!! My 3 season tickets, only mine was offered the ifollow so families like mine reduce the "season ticket" ifollow passes. There are a lot of families at Sincil Bank on matchday.