Match Thread: Lincoln City v Fleetwood Town | Page 5 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Fleetwood Town

so far a game of minimal quality for both teams. We have been completely playing into their hands and set up. We have been far too predictable trying the ball over the top (admittedly we got through once or twice). Our defenders aren’t good enough to play the balls we need. I would have liked us to go through midfield more. Apart from the Taylor chance, we’ve created next to nothing.

The goal was a calamity, but they were always going to be dangerous with long balls.

Now we’re against 10 men and 1 down we are probably going to be order even more to go long ball.

We must be disciplined.

Well that changed my half time report….
On the pitch, different challenge having a lot of the ball, not creating anything. Comedy goal, then O’Connor & Taylor missed good chances.
Then wrestling match, and Stockley grabbing House by the neck and throwing to the ground, had to be a red. Then on the advice of the linesman it seems booked two for the afters. Took our players to point out 5 had already been booked. No idea if he deserved it. Played 7 minutes for the 2 added on.

Lots of decent play going forward without actually creating much in the way of chances apart from Paudie’s header and Taylor’s miss.

We will need to show a lot more creativity second half to get anything. Too many long balls out of defence at the moment

Lots of long balls but we are winning a lot of second balls from them. I dont think we need to panic.. chances will come.

Fleetwood take two forwards off - presumably, not two forwards coming on...

Come on you Imps let's have our first and second goals !!!!!!!!!!!!©

Is Jimmy Walker paid by the word or by the amount of bollocks he spouts. Either way he should be a wealthy man.