Match Thread: Lincoln City v Crewe Alexandra | Page 5 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Crewe Alexandra

Well the players have somehow contrived to perform worse than the first 45 home against Portsmouth something I wasn't sure was possible...

On the positive side, with backers present, they will be able to see first hand what a pile of poo we’ve become and what needs to be done.

you would like to think but who tries in the last week of their notice period which effectively what they are in.

you can tell it’s a gripping match when the commentary are talking about their lawns
Yeah but what about Lincoln?

Barely a murmur from a packed Co-op Stand …. in my day there would’ve been a cascade of boos after watching that dross.

To lose 23 out of your 46 matches would’ve meant a dismissal too especially being ‘doubled’ by the worst team in the division.

Hey-ho in Appleton ‘we’ trust, bringing on a defensive midfielder for an injured forward makes sense doesn’t it?

Oh well, end of season game so nothing to get excited or depressed about. No real commitment, passes going astray because the players playing today don’t know each other, plus the usual injury to a key player. All in all, nothing to write home about. BNC not too keen to get injured because odds on he’ll be playing Championship football next year. I think Fiorini will as well, which is a shame as I’d love to see him get at least half a season more here. Whittaker has some lovely silky skills but he is so predictable - must learn to play with his right foot because, as a defender, you just know he’s going to try and get it on his left. Let’s at least try and make a game of it second half lads.

Well that was turd. Can MA gee them up for 2nd half? Can't see how, as 1/2 of them wont be here next season. Pride?? None to be had, if you are in a job you don't enjoy.

So typical of our home performances this season. It’s not a case of 11 men behind the ball etc it’s more a case of our slow sideways & backwards approach play. Something major has to change

Hey-ho in Appleton ‘we’ trust, bringing on a defensive midfielder for an injured forward makes sense doesn’t it?

Again, can't tell from the commentary, but presumably Cullen has taken Scully's place as a forward with Sanders' presence allowing Fiorini to push forward to what had been Cullen's role.

What it amounts to is Cullen being preferred to Adelakun.

City may be about to complete a pretty special feat: losing at home to all four relegated teams without scoring a single goal.