Match Thread: Lincoln City v Cheltenham Town | Page 16 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Cheltenham Town

Amazing, to be promoted with 4 games to spare, been an incredible season!

Got to say though... what a strange anti climax. Can’t believe people left! Seemed to take a lot of people by surprise. Atmosphere just felt far flatter than it should have been, feel we have let the players down a bit!

Well done all concerned a super effort from everyone connected with LCFC
The mighty imps are up

.....Now can we sort ourselves out to celebrate properly on the last game of the season please??

Last edited:
Strange old day. Don't know if it was nerves but we were really poor second half and Cheltenham deserved their equaliser. I assumed that Bury winning would keep the champagne on ice but the truth dawned on me as news filtered through from Tranmere and Northampton and everyone was trying to do mental maths.

Somewhat muted celebrations after all that, but I'm sure the final day will be a party atmosphere and the moment we lift the trophy will be the pay off for all the hard work of the players and staff. We are going up!

And vice versa today
It was always going to be tough to top MK. That was when I knew we were getting promoted, today was just a day for chilling before we go crazy again with winning the Championship. Literally about 99.9 % in the ground were bamboozled with the draw at full time. It was all very odd probably because we have such a lead nobody was really hanging on every permutation with us having another 4 games after today.

Shamefully they actually congratulated themselves on working it out before the stadium announcer. They really should have known the permutations before the game.

As it was Sky Sports knew it instantaneously, cut to the ground expecting to see a celebration, where everyone was wandering around unknowing.
We left and found out in the pub because they didn't know.
Walked in the pub and sky have it on the screen, crazy!

Sack the crowd!

Fans have been great pretty much all season, MK Dons just last week was incredible.

But after achieving our second promotion in three seasons and our longest ever unbeaten run it is fair to say the crowd were subdued. Expected much more of a party atmosphere myself!

Second half was proper edgy the long it stayed 1 0 and we couldn't get the second but after they got the leveller we actually stepped it up and went close 3 times.
Truly amazing times to be an Imp

Fans have been great pretty much all season, MK Dons just last week was incredible.

But after achieving our second promotion in three seasons and our longest ever unbeaten run it is fair to say the crowd were subdued. Expected much more of a party atmosphere myself!
The second half performance was a real downer. You can only properly celebrate after a win. Let’s hope we finish in style in the last 4 matches, especially the last one v Colchester.