Match Thread: Lincoln City v Charlton Athletic | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Charlton Athletic

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Reuters-Sincil-Bank-v-West-Ham-United-h-27-09-23-scaled.jpg

So, back at home again, this time versus Charlton Athletic in League One...

Ahead of the match, don't forget to:

- Have a go at the quiz (link below).
- Vote on the poll (link below).
- Read about tonight's referee (link below).
- Read the Q&A with a Charlton Athletic supporter (link below).
- Read the summary by @hulloutpost of what Mark Kennedy said in his pre-match press conference (link below).

Following the match, don't forget to:

- Share your views on this thread!
- Nominate your Man of The Match (the thread will be started following the final whistle). Then, of course, vote on the poll once that has been started!

Safe travels through a very soggy landscape to the Bank, Imps! Could be a tasty one tonight: after Saturday the belief is seemingly coming back and the squad will have a point to prove. #COYMI

Charlton are a really good side. Their place in the table doesn’t tell the truth. It will be a really tough game. Sorensen is in for a very tough evening with Blackett-Taylor on Charlton’s left.

Wonder if we’ll have a new manager in the stands watching. Hopefully it goes better than Appleton watching the 0-6 vs Oxford.

Was really looking forward to this but still not recovered fully from covid and with other health issues lately will have to give it a miss. However fingers crossed will be at next home match.
Will follow closely on here though. Tonight will be a tough one but hopefully we can push on again after Saturday.

Sat in Sheffield looking forward but the forecast is wet wet wet - any chance it will be off?
Forecast was for heavy overnight rain but we only got 3mm so it’s promising. Met Office tell us it’s heavy rain now and will be for next few hours but it’s only light drizzle so hopefully all will be fine. The EA are absolutely hopeless and not fit for purpose, heads should roll after the latest major mismanagement of the flood relief schemes. The only outcome will be a coverup and bonuses awarded to the big chiefs. Scandellously piss poor organisation, sorry for going off topic.

Charlton should have been up there from the start of the season with their squad. A proper test for Sorenson tonight as well.

I'd have fancied our chances against an MA defence but given the obvious, I think the best we can hope for is another 1-0 or 0-0.

I was never anti-MK but based on the past few games, including Saturday, I feel we will give a better account of ourselves than we would have done if he had stayed - a 1-0 win would be excellent

Forecast was for heavy overnight rain but we only got 3mm so it’s promising. Met Office tell us it’s heavy rain now and will be for next few hours but it’s only light drizzle so hopefully all will be fine. The EA are absolutely hopeless and not fit for purpose, heads should roll after the latest major mismanagement of the flood relief schemes. The only outcome will be a coverup and bonuses awarded to the big chiefs. Scandellously piss poor organisation, sorry for going off topic.
Budgets. The EA doesn’t have anywhere near enough money to do all the things it needs to do. But in danger of of posting on the wrong board show me a public service well funded apart from the House of Commons bar and catering

Was really looking forward to this but still not recovered fully from covid and with other health issues lately will have to give it a miss. However fingers crossed will be at next home match.
Will follow closely on here though. Tonight will be a tough one but hopefully we can push on again after Saturday.
Hope your feeling better soon mate