Match Thread: Lincoln City v Bristol Rovers | Page 13 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Bristol Rovers

What a bonkers game. 5 0 win yet keeper probably man of the match. A real game of spells for each side but we were ruthless with ours and our keeper excelled during theirs. Do feel for Taylor not getting man of the match!

Pen a shocker as everyone has said. Thought Erhahon was silly at the time but more I watch it more I think he might actually be very unlucky, think he actually gets to ball first.

Shout out to the young lad on tannoy, thought he was brilliant!
Yes I'm glad you mentioned the lad on tannoy, he was fantastic! Wouldn't be surprised if they get him back at some point.

Who did get man of the match?

The difference with Makama is that Skoobs has taught him how to press instead of that half hearted closing down that many said was just his languid running style.

Clearly it wasn’t because he is now accelerating into closing down and looks a different player in every aspect of his game as a result.
He's learned to use his languid running style more effectively.

Jensen was probably MOM, but what is defining City these days when he was making these blocks there were one, sometimes two players busting a gut getting in behind him to cover the goal. If Rovers were still playing now they wouldn't have scored.

I thought the squealing noise that ensued was a lot better than some of the 'introducing' 'artists' they feature at half-time.

Radio lincolnshire don't seem to be able to put a full professional performance in. Sound went as Hortin was going to ask the manager about House. Music and then they never went back to it. Quality by Sportin Horror show again.. Time the club looked for a new broadcaster.
Please be careful what you wish for.
Peterborough United terminated their contract with BBC Cambridgeshire at the beginning of the season. To listen to their matches with the new broadcaster they were charging £5 a match or £6.50 for the month. They have since rowed back on that and it may be free to air on a very restricted FM station. I suspect supporters outside of the city would not be able to pick that up.

I love that for the 3rd goal it’s Taylor who beat two giants to head the ball in, who wanted it more?

Also, not sure if the penalty taker slipped but otherwise one of the worst penalties seen at the LNER? It wasn’t even close
I've watched the replay several times and I am still trying to work out which post it hits. I think it's the one holding up the roof.

From the 10 mins I just watched Rovers fluffed their the lines. They had opportunities but they made the wrong decisions. They either rushed it - Jensen coming out all they had to do was wait until he committed himself and they just had to do what Taylor did or they waited too long and the moment was lost. These are all the hallmarks of a dysfunctional team that we had earlier in the season.

We weren’t lucky we were skilful clinical and ruthless. The Rovers defence looked and played more like the traffic cones on the M5 Aztec West at the moment.

Skubala has improved every player a lot already, what a coach. We now have many saleable assets when it wasn’t looking that way before he came and the model seemed under threat.

He’s so good tactically as well. Always mentions tweaking things at half time which usually deals with whatever threat the opposition has had on us in the first half.