Match Thread: Lincoln City v Bristol Rovers | Page 9 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Bristol Rovers

Well, after all the damping down of expectations, we can't now avoid the fact that we are in the fight for a play-off place. Other teams have games in hand, but points are being dropped left right and centre and we are right in the middle of it.

Barnsley can't be certain of 7th, let alone 6th and Orient aren't out of it yet, so I make that any 2 from 6 with 7 or 8 games to play.
Just don't reckon we're ready for playoffs. We should just blood some youth players, consolidate and have another go at it in 4 or 5 seasons.

Well, after all the damping down of expectations, we can't now avoid the fact that we are in the fight for a play-off place. Other teams have games in hand, but points are being dropped left right and centre and we are right in the middle of it.

Barnsley can't be certain of 7th, let alone 6th and Orient aren't out of it yet, so I make that any 2 from 6 with 7 or 8 games to play.
And at this vital time we lose one of our best players because he doesnt use his brains.

Massive dampener with Erhahon getting sent off. Crucial must win game at the bank on Good Friday and no holding midfielder.

Guess we’ll just have to outscore them!

Since Blackpool on NYD:

P13 W8 D5 L0 F27 A4 Pts29

And we are improving within that run - the first three games were draws.

Played some really good stuff, at times.

The referee got the penalty completely wrong, and I honestly don’t believe it was a foul by Erhahon for his second yellow.

16 goals in 3 games - good lord.

Long way to go, but not only are we winning, we’re winning convincingly.

There’s clearly an issue regarding who plays in midfield against Orient, but there are options there, even if it’s a case of square pegs in round holes.

But, that’s something to worry about in 13 days. For now, just bloody enjoy this hell of a ride we’re on.

UTFI!

To give MK some very faint praise, his defensive style played a big part in moulding our current defense.

And that solid back line means that our midfield and wing backs can break forward at speed, not worrying about leaving us open at the back. Look at Sorensen's run into midfield to set up Taylor's third.

Or current defense is the best I can remember for a long long time, and its the foundation of everything Skoobs has got us doing in front of them.

Just incredible. This has got to be the best football we've ever played.

Silly from Erhahon though. He'll be a big miss against Orient.

Think so yes
Ok - that's good news at least. I thought there was something about extra bans for those who get more than 1 two yellows sending off and I couldn't remember if Erhahon had been sent off already this season.

Took a look at Rovers forum and they seemed to think it was harsh but not sure if we can appeal.

If not - Teddy Bishop as a holding midfielder v Leyton Orient!