Match Thread: Lincoln City v Blackpool | Page 14 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Blackpool

I'm hopeful that Appleton's pre-match forecast about being in the game after 70 minutes is going to be the key and that Blackpool may run out of steam as they did in the home game.

But above all I would prefer us to play well, and if that's not good enough, so be it. Unfortunately that was all rather lacklustre after the first 10 minutes.

And the Blackpool goal was a shot that went right between Eyoma's legs. Keepers are rarely able to adjust and save those so no blame to Palmer as far as I'm concerned.

Those 44 minutes were not pleasant.

Ref's been blowing like a Vegas hooker.
Skittish fullbacks.
Rogers absent. Scully on at 60 mins I reckon.
What was Jorge thinking + very fortunate ping pong before goal.

Is it just me or are Blackpool quite old school? Tap it around at the back for a few minutes and then lump it forward. I suppose they are hitting angles looking for runners rather than aiming at a big man.

How many times do you see a side score very early but be pegged back? Happened again today, needs reset at HT all to play for.

Brennan has his LB on toast and on a yellow, Morgan barely been in it, if we can bring these two into the game more we can push on to win. UTI!!

Think we should consider the left back on the Bench We have got nothing down the left side and are too predictable.
He might be able to stretch Blackpool and offer an alternative.

Difficult when he doesn't get passed the ball much

It isn't that, he is standing still waiting for the ball to come on to him and Blackpool are charging in as soon as our players shape up to play it into his feet. He was robbed early on in the half standing still too.

Is it just me or are Blackpool quite old school? Tap it around at the back for a few minutes and then lump it forward. I suppose they are hitting angles looking for runners rather than aiming at a big man.

Whatever it is, it is effective.

I’d be tempted to bring Scully on for Rogers but you just never know with Rogers - he’s capable of pulling something out of the hat, if he can be arsed.

Yates is running the line well. He is a good player and the extra size of the pitch lends itself to his movement and giving him a little more room to run into.

We would have taken level pegging at half time. Got to stop giving away possession and we'll get Rogers and Johnson into the game more