Match Thread: Lincoln City v Barnsley | Page 6 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Barnsley

Decent point and a decent game.

Fairly Impressed with Makama. Looks like he could be a player. Less so with Adelakun- Shodipo must be a better option.

TJ is having a new lease of life - all the back line played well wiith the exception of the two goals, which were unusual and very poor by our standards

Really good point after going behind. Comfortable first half although they had more possession. Second half couldn’t seem to retain any possession, they score two easy goals and then we wake up and play to our strengths.

We had chances to clear before they scored which was frustrating. Mandroiu noticeably more involved and better today. Unexpected goal from TJ who continued his improvement since MS arrived.

Hard not to be happy with that point. Bit lucky I would say.
Very good side Barnsley. They were defending good and attacking good. For most of the game we were only defending well.
With so many players missing rather poor going forward but we were also brave and rescued a point in the end

THank you TJ for sending me home in a good mood 😊

Decent point and a decent game.

Fairly Impressed with Makama. Looks like he could be a player. Less so with Adelakun- Shodipo must be a better option.
Surprised to find myself agreeing! Shodipo to be fair looked more lively in 10 minutes than Haks in 80. Looked like he had a fair shout for a penalty too.

Very happy with that point. Fairly even first half although they had about 70% possession, never really threatened us. Nice move for the pen. Great through ball from Danny and no arguments on the trip. Good confident finish to silence the Yorkies. Jovan probably should have squared the ball on his chance but I thought he had a very decent game today.
Second half was a different game. Kicking towards their fans, the momentum built and built with us starting to get sloppy at the back and struggling to get the ball out. A great stop from Jenson kept them out but you just knew it was coming and two in 5 mins looked to have won the match. You could see our heads had dropped and we looked a Beaton side. But credit to the lads, they manages to drag themselves back into the game and we suddenly started to build our own head of steam. For once, a great corner in from Danny and a good solid header from (sorry but didn’t see who) was too strong for their keepe. We had numbers following up and TJ was able to slot home a nice tidy finish. And did he look pleased with that. 👊💥👏
The Tykes had really had the stuffing knocked out of them and it was a as comfortable end to the game.
Four points from two games. A great return for Skabula and so it’s on to Tuesday and Cambridge. UTI

I don't think those in the Directors area from Barnsley appreciated the celebrations when we made it 2-2, but some of us in front of them didn't appreciate their language and behaviour during the match, so get over it!

I feel quite invigorated after that! Lots to work on defensively but a rousing response to going behind and a genuinely entertaining game. We probably would have drawn that game under Kennedy as well but it would have been dreary and uninspiring. Entertainment isn't the be-all and end-all but it's a good start.

I feel quite invigorated after that! Lots to work on defensively but a rousing response to going behind and a genuinely entertaining game. We probably would have drawn that game under Kennedy as well but it would have been dreary and uninspiring. Entertainment isn't the be-all and end-all but it's a good start.
Under Kennedy I don’t think we would have given it much of a go and lost the game 1-2

Better performance and I’m happy with the point!
At the point when we equalised I didn’t think we deserved it, but pushed on well after that and were just about good for a point.

Barnsley were pretty good going forward and looked likely to score with all the balls they put in the box. However they looked susceptible to a counter attack and still think we could have exploited it more.
the two goals we conceded were very frustrating and both completely avoidable. Both cases we were too slow to react, particularly the first where we allowed them a quick throw and time to out the ball in the box. On the upside, other than this we defended exceptionally well and any of the three the centre backs could have been man of the match. Special shout out to TJ who looks reformed!

I think we set up completely wrong in the second half and invited far too much pressure. I do not understand why we kept going long with no one suitable to challenge aerially up front. The ball just kept coming back! We looked so much better with ball on the floor. I think the midfield need to be better with the transitions from defence to attack and we seemed to lose the battle for the second ball.

Anyway, improved performance and decent point and a nice new song to sing about the gaffer!

Objectively a good game to watch where the pendulum swung and both sides had periods of domination.

2-2 a good result against a good side and a late equaliser always makes it feel better.

Deserved goal for TJ after good form recently.

Different challenge Tuesday in a game we are probably expected to win. We’ve shown we can be on the front foot and the onus will be on us to do so.

Barnsley kept piling on effective Substitutes and it was clear that they had a lot more fire power than us.We are beyond bare bones yet we gained a point today.The spirit of this squad has been ressurected by Skoobs.We would have lost that game if the used car salesman was still in charge.

Two late goals in three games for the new fella, that finishing the game on a high was totally lacking last season.
thought Barnsley were very good, pleased their sub (9) wasn’t on from the start.
but we stuck at it, very good point, breaking the trend of losing to all the top teams to date.

First visit to SB this season for complex family reasons, enjoyed the game though from the Rilmac, where 3 goals were at the opposite end and will look at the highlights to see Barnsley's 2 which from distance looked poor to concede.

Barnsley are a good side with pace and good movement up front, we battled well and that's a good point.

Makama did ok, has noticeably improved since Skoobs arrived. Not the only one, TJ was immense again, capped with his goal. Burroughs was also much better, noticeably in getting forward with speed and confidence, which won the penalty.

Btw Roughan ‘felt something’ coming back from International duty so was not risked, after MH eventually asked (suspect he saw the comments on SM).
Although he didn’t ask about Lasse, could do without him joining the injured list.
Interesting we changed to 4-3-3 when chasing the equaliser but I think went back to 5-2-3 after we scored sensibly.

First visit to SB this season for complex family reasons, enjoyed the game though from the Rilmac, where 3 goals were at the opposite end and will look at the highlights to see Barnsley's 2 which from distance looked poor to concede.

Barnsley are a good side with pace and good movement up front, we battled well and that's a good point.

Makama did ok, has noticeably improved since Skoobs arrived. Not the only one, TJ was immense again, capped with his goal. Burroughs was also much better, noticeably in getting forward with speed and confidence, which won the penalty.
Ah if you were in the Rilmac you weren’t the chap who shouted “ you’re shit Burroughs, get back to Coventry “ from behind me.
You do have to wonder sometimes