Match Thread: Lincoln City v Accrington Stanley | Page 9 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City v Accrington Stanley

Remember I follow games during lockdown? Some of the best football I have witnessed as an Imp .Last season was a struggle but I never thought we were in danger of relegation and we still managed to play the right way.How have we come to this? No pattern or shape . Its not a good watch .

shithouse wanders will kick us Plymouth would wear is out…. We have to play a league two winger in defence. If are squad was a carpet it would be so the threadbare we would be wearing out the underlay.

I reckon we could cope with one extra game in 5 weeks, we're not very good but they're still professional athletes haha

What’s the point of putting Oakley-Boothe on to take the 5th penalty. The only time Mark Kennedy will be a good coach is when he has his teeth taken out and seats put in.

We are on a very slippery slope. No cohesion no pattern, poor all over the pitch and performances are declining.

Created very little, well done to Hopper for getting 2 goals but he is not the answer.

We need to get some new blood into this squad and quickly or things are going to become very difficult because although we have points to play with once your confidence goes throughout the team your in trouble.

Bit of a tricky one now, do we back the manager or if we have concerns that he is the right man, look to hold back on any recruitment?

Bit of a tricky one now, do we back the manager or if we have concerns that he is the right man, look to hold back on any recruitment?

Still not totally clear with quite a few signings how much they are the manager / players we'd be keen to sign anyway...

indeed, and when Oldguard cant find any positives, it is time to be concerned. The only thing i'm holding on to right now is that before a ball was kicked this season, the general expectations weren't that high, there were alot of people predicting a relegation battle in the "where will they finish thread" quite rightly so imo based on the task that MK was facing, so if anything, he's raised expectations but now reality is setting in. Its a very tight league and plenty of other teams will be looking over their shoulder. Lets try and keep the faith, not easy when the product on show isn't good.

Still not totally clear with quite a few signings how much they are the manager / players we'd be keen to sign anyway...
Any potential signings in January faced with a choice of a relegation battle with us or looking upwards with somebody else, not a difficult choice you would think.

Any potential signings in January faced with a choice of a relegation battle with us or looking upwards with somebody else, not a difficult choice you would think.

And play for a team with very little possession or attacking intent.

If, of course, it is the manager/coach who is making the signings.

Somebody else may also be in the frame given how poor our recruitment has been in the past couple of seasons.

FT. Ignore the penalty shoot out, but the whole match we lacked quality, control and confidence. IMO only Sorensen, Hopper, Mandriou and Sanders came out of that with any credit. There was just no flow and understanding between the players. We are too negative. Plus, I hate Accrington - they just stifle the game and use the dark arts and we are just too naive to cope with it - happens every game against that sort of opposition. Really hope we can get a couple of decent players in during the window because our confidence looks to be draining away game by game.

Sanders? Really? On the pitch for 10 minutes or so and took a piss poor penalty. Think I need a bit more than that before I praise a player.

Sanders? Really? On the pitch for 10 minutes or so and took a piss poor penalty. Think I need a bit more than that before I praise a player.
I ‘think’ he made a goal in that 10 minutes.
Plus bonus he wasn’t on for the first 80