Match Thread: Lincoln City Exeter City | Page 12 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Lincoln City Exeter City

Do we really want to have fans phoning in? Can you imagine the kind of people who want to get on the radio to give their opinions? :clown:
exactly, its great. one win and we're nailed on for promotion a defeat and the manager has to go.. football such an emotional journey and being able to shout at the radio post match because someone has different view is all part of the fun.. I'd much rather have that than listen to Jurgen Klopp stroke himself off again..

Be careful what you wish for. Whilst I agree Hortin is ill prepared and thinks its funny to keep cracking silly comments but Radio Lincolnshire do cover local football really well far better than other local radio stations. I certainly don’t want Radio Lincolnshire to pull out covering local sport especially Lincoln City.
Exactly. Burton Albion, Mansfield Town, Bury and Rochdale, living in the shadow of much bigger clubs, get little coverage on BBC Local Radio compared to ourselves.

The good old Guardian Journal. Difficult to imagine now that a place the size of Nottingham had its own daily morning paper.

Hortin's commentary is the issue for me , everything else is fine.

If Liverpool are the early game he does to go OTT on the post match from that game , him being a Liverpool fan.

Hortin's commentary is the issue for me , everything else is fine.

If Liverpool are the early game he does to go OTT on the post match from that game , him being a Liverpool fan.
Agree, Radio Lincolnshire is great with its coverage of all things City. The issue for me is Hortin's awful commentary style and interviewing technique, made all the worse by the fact that in Rob Makepeace they have someone who is very good at both aspects of the job.

When they first started doing the iFollow commentary I always thought Makepeace was the better commentator and Hortin the better interviewer but overall there wasn't a massive difference. More recently though I much prefer Rob Makepeace for both, whilst Hortin has remained at the same standard I think Rob has improved massively, especially the commentary which is now far and away better than anything Hortin can do.

Praise or Grumble, the classic phone in on BBC Radio Sheffield. Heard some classics on there after our last few games at Hillsborough, Barnsley and Rotherham.
Listened to it for years when I lived in Sheffield.

"That was never a penalty!"

"So, you were there, then."

"No."

Agree, Radio Lincolnshire is great with its coverage of all things City. The issue for me is Hortin's awful commentary style and interviewing technique, made all the worse by the fact that in Rob Makepeace they have someone who is very good at both aspects of the job.

Hortin must hold some serious power at BBC Radio Lincs - or the powers that be there have zero interest in football. If they did have an interest, they would accept Hortin's shortcomings and relegate him to second in line.

It would only need one manager at the Radio to listen to Hortin/Gordon and then to Makepeace/Hone to realise the huge gap in standards. But maybe they never listen, and I very much doubt that any of us have actually emailed them with a complaint. I know I haven't, even though I emailed the Echo about a year ago about their poor LCFC coverage.

However I do agree the BBC Radio Linc coverage overall is excellent, so (especially when taking the local press into account) I guess we should be thankful for that - even if we have to put up with Hortin!