Match Thread: Fulham v Aston Villa, Thur 20th Oct, 7.30 PM | Page 18 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Fulham v Aston Villa, Thur 20th Oct, 7.30 PM

The problem we have is any prospective manager watching that will think I’m steering well clear of that pile of shite.

The difference is V62 if I wasnt happy at work I'd go to another company. These lads are stuck here til January. Gerrard is not giving them the tools needed to do anything.

The managers job is to find the space on the field. To analyze the opposition and see what they do and make tweaks around it. Pep does this with his city team, the best team in the league adjusts their own tactics to expose the opposition. I agree these lads arent quite as good as we thought but absolutely this is all on the manager. He has brought us to this point.

Not true mate - his 12 month record is entirely comparable with Dean Smith's.

I don't rate either of them in truth but the reality is that at least half of our first team shouldn't be in the PL.

It will take someone especially accomplished to get a top 8 tune out of this lot - they really are shit mate.

The punditry is a joke, none of them calling out Gerrards ineptitude.

I’ve switched over to the other game as I can’t take re-watching the highlights, but in general it’s like Southgate all over. They seem immune to getting properly slated like any other manager would. They’re acknowledging his time might be up, but the dreadful football and tactics isn’t mentioned at all. I don’t even know where to start tonight on tearing it apart

OMFG … Leon Bailey has put in the worst 45mins I’ve ever seen by any player no pace no control no confidence & no working back to help teammates.. deserved to be subbed before halftime.! Very poor performance no cohesion in play no idea on the pitch or off it in the dugout. Non existent players led by a shocking captain and zero tactics. I’m embarrassed

He's better than Buendia according to SG lol

Cash coming on because Konsa isn't a full back. If he didn't want to risk Cash as he's recently back from injury then why not give Freddy a go. At least he actually is a RB

Not true mate - his 12 month record is entirely comparable with Dean Smith's.

I don't rate either of them in truth but the reality is that at least half of our first team shouldn't be in the PL.

It will take someone especially accomplished to get a top 8 tune out of this lot - they really are shit mate.

I see us as an 11-14th quality team, we needed at least 5 players over the summer. We got 4 but 2 of them were as poor as what we already had. 2 CFs are poor, no wide players except Bailey and he seems worse than Traore at twice the cost.

Ings, McGinn, Bailey, Ollie have all been atrocious. Absolutely atrocious, I don’t know where to start.

But Ramsey has also been anonymous, the setups this season just don’t work for him. He’s not someone we should build a team around, but his game is getting it and driving with it at certain times, but he can’t do that. He’s not someone who’s good at holding shape and position, we might as well play Dendonker over him with where he is tonight.