Match Thread: Forest Vs Millwaaaall sponsored by the Natural History Museum | Vital Football

Match Thread: Forest Vs Millwaaaall sponsored by the Natural History Museum

Pope John XXIII

Vital Football Legend
This is it; first day (night) of the season against a disgraceful club whose presence in this division is akin to scrubbing the toilet; has to be endured far too regularly and never pleasant.

Meanwhile, Marinakis invites you to enjoy a feast of new technology hosting their glitches to 27,000 patiently queueing trickies. Vendors are armed with their £3 programmes to shove in your face should you get so desperate.

Millwall have invited six new players to their prehistoric cave in Laaandan. This now ups the number of players they have that I have heard of to three- Ryan Tunnicliffe, Aiden O'Brian (but I might be thinking of someone else) and Steve Morison, better know for starring in the recent movie War Horse

For those that don't know Morison, he's the sort of **** that invariably scores in the 70th minute of a drab game by rising above a sleeping Mancienne for a fairly innocuous cross

Forest will play some weird form of 3-4-3 cum 4-2-3-1 in which it quickly becomes baffling where a few of them are playing. Draw a position from a hat for Ben Brereton.

Interesting tactical question will be whether we start with our own annoying warhorse **** in Murphy and then inject a bit of mischief later on with Cummings: or do we wear them out worrying about Cummings's running (no laughing!) and then bring Murphy on to bruise them up later.

Be interesting to see if we start with Vaughan and Cohen or Vaughan and Greek-guy-who-is-not-a-DCM

Weather will be a sunny 17°c, dropping to a comfortable 15° by the end of the game. Humidity will be around 60% with around 1012 microbars of pressure. The 13mph winds might help a McKay cross to its target

Forest have a great first day record. We have not lost at home on the first day in the second tier since 1955 and have won 4 and lost 1 on the opening day in the last 5 years. Millwall have won the last three here though, all of them annoying.

First game is meaningless. We won't be a great team if we smash it and we won't be a bad one if we lose. Game 5 really is when you start to feel like points count for something as you see someone at the top of the league suddenly out of your reach. Having said that, this is our most winnable home league match for a while.

I leave you with an inspirational image, this time of what we are up against- an image of Millwall fans planning their journey to the City Ground.

Enjoy the game

I'm a bit concerned about those 1012 microbars. It'll be interesting to see if MW's team continue to play the passing game under that kind of pressure.

Promotion season starts here. KING WARBZ is marching us back to glory unless you are a moron

If you are one of the said morons please choose any/all of the following. Warbz being tactically inept, all our players being crocks who are too small & league 1 standard at best, the midfield being weak as piss & the defence not being good enough for a pub league, too many Scottish rejects FFS we're going to struggle, can't see where the goals will come from, we're weaker than last season, FFS Warbz is trying to attack & treat our playerz as actually being footballers rather than two banks of defensive wall as we draw 0-0 on our way to glory, his shit, etc.

Pope John XXIII - 4/8/2017 09:50

You at this one woanz?

Nope as it was moved to Friday night I'm missing it as I'm at the world athletics championships with Mrz Woanz, bit of a pisser but Bolt & Mo should be good plus I've not been back to the stadium for 2 years so it'll be interesting to see how it's changed since west Aam have taken over.

Woanz - 4/8/2017 09:54

You at this one woanz?

Nope as it was moved to Friday night I'm missing it as I'm at the world athletics championships with Mrz Woanz, bit of a pisser but Bolt & Mo should be good plus I've not been back to the stadium for 2 years so it'll be interesting to see how it's changed since west Aam have taken over.

What event are you competing in? :19:

Pope John XXIII - 4/8/2017 10:01

Woanz - 4/8/2017 09:54

You at this one woanz?

What event are you competing in? :19:

I've been training for the sumo but I'll be competing in the bath& razor race I've been using reading here & listening to Leonard Cohen as (de)motivation & I think the opposition don't stand a chance.

paplane - 4/8/2017 10:13

Pope John XXIII - 4/8/2017 09:24

Just for you paplane

Just checked the table. We're joint top at the moment. Not much between bottom and top though.

Typical of the championship we win we're top & lose & we're bottom.

Pope John XXIII - 4/8/2017 08:59

This is it; first day (night) of the season against a disgraceful club whose presence in this division is akin to scrubbing the toilet; has to be endured far too regularly and never pleasant.

Meanwhile, Marinakis invites you to enjoy a feast of new technology hosting their glitches to 27,000 patiently queueing trickies. Vendors are armed with their £3 programmes to shove in your face should you get so desperate.

Millwall have invited six new players to their prehistoric cave in Laaandan. This now ups the number of players they have that I have heard of to three- Ryan Tunnicliffe, Aiden O'Brian (but I might be thinking of someone else) and Steve Morison, better know for starring in the recent movie War Horse

For those that don't know Morison, he's the sort of **** that invariably scores in the 70th minute of a drab game by rising above a sleeping Mancienne for a fairly innocuous cross

Forest will play some weird form of 3-4-3 cum 4-2-3-1 in which it quickly becomes baffling where a few of them are playing. Draw a position from a hat for Ben Brereton.

Interesting tactical question will be whether we start with our own annoying warhorse **** in Murphy and then inject a bit of mischief later on with Cummings: or do we wear them out worrying about Cummings's running (no laughing!) and then bring Murphy on to bruise them up later.

Be interesting to see if we start with Vaughan and Cohen or Vaughan and Greek-guy-who-is-not-a-DCM

Weather will be a sunny 17°c, dropping to a comfortable 15° by the end of the game. Humidity will be around 60% with around 1012 microbars of pressure. The 13mph winds might help a McKay cross to its target

Forest have a great first day record. We have not lost at home on the first day in the second tier since 1955 and have won 4 and lost 1 on the opening day in the last 5 years. Millwall have won the last three here though, all of them annoying.

First game is meaningless. We won't be a great team if we smash it and we won't be a bad one if we lose. Game 5 really is when you start to feel like points count for something as you see someone at the top of the league suddenly out of your reach. Having said that, this is our most winnable home league match for a while.

I leave you with an inspirational image, this time of what we are up against- an image of Millwall fans planning their journey to the City Ground.

Enjoy the game

"For those that don't know Morison, he's the sort of **** that invariably scores in the 70th minute of a drab game by rising above a sleeping Mancienne for a fairly innocuous cross"

FFS Pope, you know this will come back to bite you!

"Aiden O'Brian (but I might be thinking of someone else)" the world famous racehorse trainer by any chance?

mao tse tung - 4/8/2017 10:16

Pope John XXIII - 4/8/2017 08:59

Enjoy the game

"For those that don't know Morison, he's the sort of **** that invariably scores in the 70th minute of a drab game by rising above a sleeping Mancienne for a fairly innocuous cross"

FFS Pope, you know this will come back to bite you!

"Aiden O'Brian (but I might be thinking of someone else)" the world famous racehorse trainer by any chance?

I thought he meant Dara O'Briain

Well if Dara O Briain is playing for them that is a big plus; he is not exactly what you would class as mobile