Match thread: Forest Vs Middlesbrough Sponsored by Financial Fair Play | Page 6 | Vital Football

Match thread: Forest Vs Middlesbrough Sponsored by Financial Fair Play

PVH - 19/8/2017 21:11

Apollyon - 19/8/2017 19:47

Just need to cut out the silly passes and we will be a top , top team.

There was one moment in the first half where we passed it around like a premiership team. I love the freedom McKay and Osborn have with Bouch and Vaughan sitting deep. They were switching, coming deep, making runs down the channels, basically giving them a right old runaround.

Darikwa was absolute class today as well. Defending and attacking he looked great

I really cant praise them enough. The crowd was equally as good. I havent felt that kind of atmosphere since BD MK1. Not just cheering a legend (Psycho;Blackpool) but a genuine 90 minutes of positivity

I fooking love Forest lads. I love you too

But do you love disabled children and the people who care for them?

Deleted by me

Well, first game I've see live this season. Felt entertained, encouraged by the progress, all the players put in a shift, plenty of skill and guile on offer as well.

Stood up to a stern defensive examination last 30 minutes.

Crowd were brilliant and sometimes the loudest for ages.

All in all, fooking loved it.

Mappred - 19/8/2017 21:32

Apollyon - 19/8/2017 19:13

Bad_Dog - 19/8/2017 18:12

Just got home, best atmosphere I've experienced in a good while the whole ground was buzzing and I loved it, we really do have our Forest back.

Those predicting on here a season of struggle are going to be proved dreadfully wrong.

I've been to all games so far and tbh winning all of them wouldn't of flattered us, we played as a team today and beat the team of individuals, Britt being culprit number one (and he should of seen red).

Ref was absolutely woeful, and Boro for the first 60 mins just chased shadows, the best player on the pitch again was McKay who is going to be worth a fooking fortune.

Daryl Murphy is a colossus and is strong as an Ox, 3 in 3 for him.

As a team we where brilliant and no real weak links well fooking played I loved it.

YOU REDSSSSSS :7:

HAVE FFS HAVE

Shit wrong account

:19: :19: :19: :19:

:30:

:70:

Hmm, come on Mappred.

HAVE FFS HAVE.

Full stops are important.

Great win, that shut them up didn't it. Loving it.

Off for a couple of wobbly pops. TTFN. :8:

Actually got to the city ground yesterday, for the first time in ages and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's also very heart warming to hear the positive comments on here. Kudos to pope, for seemingly to accept that he overdid the negativity. Hopefully now as a group we can move on to a happier place. We've got a team here and we can start looking forward to match day, rather than dreading it.

Whilst I accept Smith's distribution needs further development he's young, will learn and is worth his place. He's a keeper!

We've got our Forest back!

Warbs saying 3 or 4 players working hard in training,desperate to get in the first 11, good squad coming together..on and off the field methinks, maybe we have got our Forest back

I am a huge supporter of Smith but I can see why MW wants a more experienced keeper.
Smith is an outstanding prospect but he doesn't command his box. Flaps at crosses and this makes our defence nervous.

The acquisition of another central midfielder is of paramount importance. We were dominating until Vaughan was injured. Boro then got a foothold in the game and then took over.

These are the 2 signings MW wants.
Get them and we could really make an impact.

forestfire_59 - 20/8/2017 06:34

Whilst I accept Smith's distribution needs further development he's young, will learn and is worth his place. He's a keeper!

We've got our Forest back!

Smith actually alluded to this in his post match interview.
He mentioned that his loan spells at both been at non league sides where all he was required to do was kick it as far as possible.
Playing out from the back is something new to him and he is working hard to improve.

Personally I would be very disappointed if he got dropped for a more 'experienced' keeper. He's done very little wrong since he got his chance and I feel he absolutely deserves his place.

I've managed to see every league game this season, and as a unit they have improved every time out.
There is nobody in this league we need to fear.

What did please me about smith yesterday is he rectified one of the errors that he made on Tuesday where he was going to come and punch but left himself in no mans land because of hesitancy. Yesterday he came twice and cleared out danger with good punches which he hadn't done before. He's young and he's improving and will be an excellent keeper of that there is no doubt. And if Warbs and Stuart do get his distribution right he'll be heading to the big boys but still has too many little lapses in concentration at this point and that is why our manager is looking for more experience.
Lets face it as we are we look like we are moving in an excellent direction but how sad would everyone be if we missed out on promotion due to one or two of these errors .

Smithz was born in 1994 that makes me feel old! Give him a break. Keepers are nearly always older than most players. I'd not be shocked at all if he was the youngest keeper in the championship & PL playing this weekend.

He is a cracking keeper and an outstanding prospect.
I hope he is allowed to develop but I can see why MW wants another keeper.

McDurbanForest - 20/8/2017 08:10

I enjoyed this, Matchday with Max
Vellios was astounded!
Great kid, he's got a future.
https://youtu.be/jl_8hNSrXek

Just watched that bit of youtube and could hardly believe the atmosphere. That's worth a goal start every time.

This must be the start of something that's been missing for far too long. Great to see.

I thought we saw the best and worst of Smith yesterday.

His shot stopping was sensational. The save from Bamford needs a lot of credit- Bamford but it with pace right into the bottom corner and Smith can only have seen it late. I had my head in my hands already and couldn't believe he had saved it. The papers would all have been praising Bamford's 'fine strike'. I've seen hundreds, maybe thousands of goals go into that Trent End goal and as soon as he hit it I fully expected it in the net.

Second half though, his catching was suspect and his kicking often found empty space but no forest player.

Having looked at the highlights though, it looks to be like Smith was fouled for their goal. A Boro player basically totals him as he comes to punch. Be interested to see if anyone else thought the same thing?

Woanz - 20/8/2017 08:32

Smithz was born in 1994 that makes me feel old! Give him a break. Keepers are nearly always older than most players. I'd not be shocked at all if he was the youngest keeper in the championship & PL playing this weekend.

Gets worse than that Woanz.

Regarding Smith though he gets a good score consistently in the Mom figures on here. Definitely one for the future and not doing badly right now.

Just got back.

Firstly I should start with Matt Mills. He was absolutely immense yesterday. A true leader on the pitch and although I don't ordinarily condone giving the ref verbals you could see that he was emotionally invested and couldn't hold back. He was by far and away MOTM for me. Such a shame that he rarely puts this level of performance in.

The rest of the defence played well, although Joe Worrall dropped an absolute clanger for their goal, completely shambolic defending by him in the moment.

Jordan Smith continues to equally impress and frustrate in equal measures. His save to deny Bamford in the first half was so important. Had they come in level at half time I think we would have struggled to finish with three points. I really hope they're working on his distribution but one thing that was disappointing was how he dealt with corners. It was a very similar performance to Paul Smith in that aspect.

First time I've seen the Bouch and was impressed with his Hollywood passes and getting his foot to the ball at Vital moments.

I was disappointed with Dowell, his first touch is clearly excellent and his pass for the goal equally so but his failure to impose himself in the second half was the real reason we struggled, we simply kept tossing possession over to them.

Special mention again to Daryl Murphy. What a player he is. His first touch and hold up play was exemplary yesterday. He also took his penalty with the conviction of a striker who scores goals. I know this might seem weird but I expected him to be simply a back to goal, head the ball, type centre forward, I was very wrong. He also works the line well for a big lad and will be important for us this season.

Great result, we can clearly play against the big teams who give us time on the ball to do our thing.

We may or may not trouble the top six this season but at least it promises to be entertaining at times and competitive.

The biggest testimony to Forest's play yesterday was that at half time Monk obviously told them that they could not mix it with us football wise and to punt it forward and exploit our weakness on the turn and aerially.

Worrall did a superb job in doing his job really well and without ever dominating stuck to his task and never looked in major problems and at no point was he out his depth now thats some doing with their front three really solid, we just need Mills to keep improving and we might start to see a confident back 5, yesterday helped massively, they for all intense and purposes kept a clean sheet today, Smith got floored for their goal which 9/10 the ref would have blown for but being a complete tw@t decided to let it go

My man of the match yesterday was Ben Osborn, he was as influential as anyone up to the point Vaughan got injured and when asked to step in did a brilliant job the only time yesterday when we lost our shape was when they went route one and Ben did not have the 300 odd games experience to adjust and it all got a bit scrappy when they tried to play through us I thought Ben and Bouch were top class

Darikwa and Murphy just gobble up games at this level Darikwa had Boro on the back foot pretty much all game, had the pace to get back never looked flustered he's top class as is Murphy, if you'd swapped Gastade for Murphy yesterday we would have lost as simple as that the second goal brilliant, he completely took their young centre half out the game and left Gibson one on one with BB who mad him look a complete muppet too and why the hell they are turning down £20m for him is anyone's guess

Another cracking day out after last weekend, the periods of good play are getting better and longer and the shit is getting not as bad and not as often all the signs are there we are in for a good season

This really does sound a very encouraging performance although having seen the highlights Boro had the type of chances that should have turned the result the other way.

Clearly Warburton is creating a Brentford type effect at the club as I thought he would

Do people feel that this is different to the feeling when Pearce had that amazing start to the season, only for us to fall badly. Are we getting ahead of ourselves like then?

COYR