Match Thread: Forest Vs Derby, sponsored by Football league Managers Association legal division | Page 13 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Forest Vs Derby, sponsored by Football league Managers Association legal division

Calvin Plummer - 19/3/2017 16:14

Re the substitution, it's possible MW noticed we'd not had a meaningful attack in the second half and wanted to change things by offering Britt a more orthodox partner.

As for Osborn, his pass rate was over 80% so hardly terrible...

It might have been 80% .....but lacking in any creativity as at least 95% of those passes went backwards or 3yds sideways .

Derbyred88 - 19/3/2017 18:49

Re the substitution, it's possible MW noticed we'd not had a meaningful attack in the second half and wanted to change things by offering Britt a more orthodox partner.

It might have been 80% .....but lacking in any creativity as at least 95% of those passes went backwards or 3yds sideways .

Like the majority of the side...nobody was really opening them up.

Woanz - 19/3/2017 19:52

Pope John XXIII - 19/3/2017 12:17

That's Nottingham people Complacent Plummer. It's what we are like. I wouldn't expect you to understand

:59: :56:

Out of curiosity why leave Nottingham for South Yorkshire and never return?

It's like trading in a fat but cute bird for a fat ugly one...

Calvin Plummer - 19/3/2017 20:06

That's Nottingham people Complacent Plummer. It's what we are like. I wouldn't expect you to understand

:59:

I did return regularly & now have permanently.

Old Red Fart - 19/3/2017 11:30

Apollyon - 19/3/2017 09:34

Its about organisation and responsibility not just get up and go. The problem is, and has been since Reid and Cohen were injured against drearby, the middle of the park. We saw glimpses of something special when Lansbury was on form, but it was few and far between. Cash has largely had his development restricted by playing holding, RW and RB. Kasami should be that player but hes slow and labouring and his passing range is shocking.

Edser is too young to rely on to do it now, but is one for the future in the box to box role.

We played with four static central defensive players yesterday. Vaughan tidied up well but there was no one to put a foot on it and get an attack going in my opinion. That coupled with Brereton out wide (bizarre) and a 451 that after 30 mins was sussed

In my opinion we need some pace on the wing (the new lad) and stick Cohen/Vaughan/Atishoo with Teixiera in the middle. Teixiera, by looking at his youtube clips can pass a ball and come from deep into attack. When you have pace on the wings as well, getting balls into the box to the front men should be easier. Get the balls in and we will score.

The central pairing of Fox and Worrall has been an adequate stop gap, but it needs sorting now. Worral is still in the early days of his development and is not going to learn his trade against ten bob head Fox.

Don't dispute any of that. It seems to me that MW has sussed out some of our problems already but he can only use the players that he has and in my view with just a very few exceptions they're a pretty feeble bunch. Too many oldies and too many not playing for the shirt. It's been crystal clear to me from day 1 that once Reid was injured and not replaced we would be in trouble. It gives me the pip that a decent midfield is long gone and that we all see it but it still is not fixed. I think from what I've heard that we will be able to score goals but still have no midfield and not the best consistent defense in the Championship.

I still think that MW has the nous to keep us up.

This is not the best way to go for our youngsters.

I slipped up there Apollyon, meant to add that was a pretty good post of yours. Be nice to see that sort of stuff more often.

:14:

Woanz - 19/3/2017 21:53

Have you been back to the CG?

Woanz - 19/3/2017 21:53

Touch of the Jim Carrey about this post

Another Fred (PMSL) all about me. SMASHING.

You vile vile trolls with your stalkin & snerting are grown men on here 24/7, I for one care not a jot though as I remain chilled but room temperature about the whole thing.

Woanz - 20/3/2017 07:58

You vile vile trolls with your stalkin & snerting are grown men on here 24/7, I for one care not a jot though as I remain chilled but room temperature about the whole thing.

:20: :20: :20:

Sniffer Dog - 20/3/2017 08:37

Woanz - 20/3/2017 07:58

:20: :20: :20:

:35:

Calvin Plummer - 19/3/2017 18:04

Derbyred88 - 19/3/2017 18:49

Like the majority of the side...nobody was really opening them up.[/QUOTE

I 'm an Osborn fan, what do you expect when there's nobody there to accept a pass. How do you think these youngsters are going to learn under this sort of setup? It's total crap.

It's starting to get to me.

I'm getting a bit fed up with reading the criticisms of Osborn on here. I thought he had a reasonable game on Saturday. A couple of passes went astray but far more found their man. His effort can't be questioned. He has heart.

He's one of the players that will never give up and it was his excellent corner (how many times can we say that) that created the equaliser.

forestonourwayback - 20/3/2017 12:11

I'm getting a bit fed up with reading the criticisms of Osborn on here. I thought he had a reasonable game on Saturday. A couple of passes went astray but far more found their man. His effort can't be questioned. He has heart.

He's one of the players that will never give up and it was his excellent corner (how many times can we say that) that created the equaliser.

his corners are certainly much better than lansburys. gets them in good areas.