Match Thread: Forest Vs Birmingham Sponsored by Steve Cotterill's P45 | Page 10 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Forest Vs Birmingham Sponsored by Steve Cotterill's P45

Polly 433 - 4/3/2018 12:19

Poor performance, poor game. Two holding midfield players, a lone striker with at times three sitting on him, two fullbacks that only just past the halfway line means more performances like this. Fortunately Brum were worse. Away is likely to be a better stage for performances. As is Derby in next home game, as they could be needing 3 points to stay in top 6. After that I fear more of the same dross. We need to support the striker to score goals. Having six at the back is embarrassing at home. AK needs to watch the Cloughie film. Sacrilege on our own turf. No good blaming BB and Murphy for lack of effort. Harry Kane would have struggled with that set up.

I don't think anyone is blaming Ben or Daryl for yesterdays performance; it will always be difficult for lone forwards when we are playing at home.

They get more defensive attention, sometimes getting double marked, and midfields sit deeper meaning the quality of passing needs to be better.

And just because a formation appears better suited to playing away does not mean we have to change it for home games.

The team and the squad needs time to develop and improve, and despite yesterdays performance, there is no doubt we are firmly on the right track.

And as for citizen Kane; owd Harry appears to struggle when that nice Mr Eriksen is not around to hold his hand

Apollyon - 4/3/2018 12:49

da fuq - 4/3/2018 11:02

Apollyon - 4/3/2018 10:54

da fuq - 4/3/2018 10:03

the jock - 4/3/2018 08:08

Anyone watch the wilder Ortiz fight last night? Judges had wilder up. Corrupt as fook.

He'll knock AJ the fook out

If AJ gets past Parker which I don't think he will

You dont think AJ will beat Parker?? :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19:

We shall see..... he's a lot faster and is a technical boxer with great combinations

Hahahah have you seen Parker fights? He struggled against Huey Tyson who isnt even in Whytes league. Deontay would beat AJ, but I dont think Parker has a prayer

They must be poor then!

That there AJ is the most over rated, over hyped fighter I have had the misfortune to see since Bruno.

I just cannot believe there is not a fighter in the states capable of retiring that clown

Apollyon - 4/3/2018 12:49

da fuq - 4/3/2018 11:02

Apollyon - 4/3/2018 10:54

da fuq - 4/3/2018 10:03

the jock - 4/3/2018 08:08

Anyone watch the wilder Ortiz fight last night? Judges had wilder up. Corrupt as fook.

He'll knock AJ the fook out

If AJ gets past Parker which I don't think he will

You dont think AJ will beat Parker?? :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19: :19:

We shall see..... he's a lot faster and is a technical boxer with great combinations

Hahahah have you seen Parker fights? He struggled against Huey Tyson who isnt even in Whytes league. Deontay would beat AJ, but I dont think Parker has a prayer

I thought Ortiz was ahead...

He was!

Mao, I am no AJ fan, not by a long stretch but this Parker bout is another mugging by Eddie Hearn. A huge pay day against an antipodean bum. Parker is the worst champion in all weight divisions. Hes got that polynesian chin that you even see in rugby. They love a fight! But hes far from quality and at this stage of AJs career he should be dealt with accordingly. After AJs last debacle im expecting this to be over inside 8.

To be fair to Parker he beat takem more easily than Joshua. Hughie fury should have beaten Parker if he was more aggressive. Fury is hard to hit

Tyson fury is right. They are all bums. Tyson fury beat klitschko in his backyard despite klitschko trying to pull stunts like putting extra 6 layers of foam in the ring . Joshua beats the same man 18 months later and makes 23 million and seen as a god.

Wilder was poor last night. A younger man would have beaten him. He was outclassed. Hbo had Ortiz up 4 rounds.

Thats boxing now Jock. Even more corrupt and better organised corruption to pick the global pocket.

Apollyon - 4/3/2018 15:17

Thats boxing now Jock. Even more corrupt and better organised corruption to pick the global pocket.

Too right mate. It's a business . Only way Ortiz was going to win was knockout. He will regret the 7th/8th round for the rest of his life.

LyttleByLyttle - 4/3/2018 11:02

I think Darwika is improving but that’s not hard given how low the bar was set.

If that is the case we have not helped ourselves as we would have won 3-1 with Cash's shot hitting it in the 2nd half! Frustrating if true LBL.

mao tse tung - 4/3/2018 13:29

I don't think anyone is blaming Ben or Daryl for yesterdays performance; it will always be difficult for lone forwards when we are playing at home.

They get more defensive attention, sometimes getting double marked, and midfields sit deeper meaning the quality of passing needs to be better.

And just because a formation appears better suited to playing away does not mean we have to change it for home games.

The team and the squad needs time to develop and improve, and despite yesterdays performance, there is no doubt we are firmly on the right track.

I think that this is right. for me it's about working out how to get the best out of each. Brazil made good points after the Arsenal match about BB being much better art running in behind that when he has his back to goal. I've lost count of the times he's looked to run on to through-balls or balls over the top and the y haven't come. Daryl looked rusty and off the pace yesterday but would be better served than balls to feet rather than aimed at his head.

I thought Guediora made a difference when he came on and wondered how they would fare with him and Tomlin ( as a false nine) up front and without a recognised striker. I'm sure it would cause teams problems even if it would give the 442 brigade an apoplexy.

Summer will be interesting but if we can hang on to the key loanees we'll mainly need to concentrate on a striker and a left back.

It’s often the case that a team fighting for their championship lives, get a result that belies their position in the league. Under such circumstances it’s understandable that the more competent team get sucked in. This is where complacency can take hold. I have no doubt it was a crap game, but these are games that you grind out the result, and move on.

Got the 3 points, end of .... next ?

Mao: The team and the squad needs time to develop and improve, and despite yesterdays performance, there is no doubt we are firmly on the right track.
-------------

Much as I would love to think this was the case, I'm not yet convinced we are on the right track. We still seem to be the epitome of inconsistency. A great win against QPR followed by another poor performance (albeit a ground out win). This was reminiscent of the last time we demolished QPR, under MA, only to lose to Birmingham.

As I say I hope you are right Mao, but please reassure me.....

I'm just glad that barring a disastrous run of results we look to be safe this season.
It would be funny if we could somehow go on a winning spree and make a late dash for a play off spot after being shite for large parts of the season !
:17:

forestfire_59 - 4/3/2018 16:03

It’s often the case that a team fighting for their championship lives, get a result that belies their position in the league. Under such circumstances it’s understandable that the more competent team get sucked in. This is where complacency can take hold. I have no doubt it was a crap game, but these are games that you grind out the result, and move on.

Except we didn't grind anything out. The only reason we didn't lose or draw that game was down to terrible finishing by Birmingham. They missed two absolute sitters that had nothing to do with us.

Hardy Forest - 4/3/2018 17:16

Except we didn't grind anything out. The only reason we didn't lose or draw that game was down to terrible finishing by Birmingham. They missed two absolute sitters that had nothing to do with us.

You could apply that same process to us (1) Cash hit the bar (2) Darwika hit one straight at the keeper when he should have scored (3) Murphy was three inches under a free header unmarked six yards out (4) Colback hit one straight at the keeper after a breath taking counter attack involving Lolley, Tomlin and Watson.

Did you go?

That's not a dig, it's a genuine question as to whether that is how you saw it or what you have gleaned from elsewhere.

I didn't see it that way at all. We had more and better chances than them IMO

They should have buried one of their chances in the first half but they didn't.

Second half Cash hit the bar and Osborn should have put his chance in the top corner. There were other opportunities too.

You could easily interpret that game as one we should have won 3-0.

It was absolutely one we ground out in my view. First goal was crucial and despite our Fullbacks being a disaster and Maghoma having a riot tearing Osborn a new arsehole they never really convinced that they could get back in the game, let alone win it- in my view.

I felt the score was fair- they did enough to score but not to win points

I feel sorry for a player of Bridcutt's quality being out of the side at the moment, and was wondering if he can play fullback.
Surely he could do a job there: what do those of you who have seen him think?

Pope John XXIII - 4/3/2018 17:35

Did you go?

That's not a dig, it's a genuine question as to whether that is how you saw it or what you have gleaned from elsewhere.

I didn't see it that way at all. We had more and better chances than them IMO

They should have buried one of their chances in the first half but they didn't.

Second half Cash hit the bar and Osborn should have put his chance in the top corner. There were other opportunities too.

You could easily interpret that game as one we should have won 3-0.

It was absolutely one we ground out in my view. First goal was crucial and despite our Fullbacks being a disaster and Maghoma having a riot tearing Osborn a new arsehole they never really convinced that they could get back in the game, let alone win it- in my view.

I felt the score was fair- they did enough to score but not to win points

HERE WE GO AGAIN

GROWNUP