Match Thread: Forest 0 Brentford whatever, sponsored by the insanity of doing the same thing and expecting a different result | Page 12 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Forest 0 Brentford whatever, sponsored by the insanity of doing the same thing and expecting a different result

Fig needs to be thrown under something heavier than a bus, metaphorically speaking.

The defender who is on the pitch right now is one of the worst forest players to wear a defender's shirt in years. An utter liability

The actual Tobias Figeurido is nowhere near as bad as the one we are seeing now; he's actually a very good defender. But the one on the pitch now is horrendous and keeping him out there week after week while he stinks up the joint is destroying him, just like it utterly destroyed Mancienne's career.

He needs dropping and protecting. He needs another of his long "injury" layoffs; he came back from the last one as a colossus.

As for Christie, it looks like we have just resigned Traore. He really reminds me of him
And yet...he plays quite well for much of the game.

It's just those glaring errors, which always seem to cost us.

First goal was harsh as he was clearly blocked by a cunning Brentford team, but not blatantly enough to concede a free kick. Third goal, though, unforgivable.

Whilst Worrall might be our only player consistently playing well right now, he would do well to realise that he is the catalyst for us being in this position.
Don't see how he is the catalyst for the position of the team, he's only been back from injury what 3 / 4 games

CH was not touching his ear, suspect he's realised we are fucked. Individual errors costing us no shit Sherlock, keep playing them though. If that final goal doesn't get fig and Samba dropped he's possibly lost his marbles and needs to be removed for his and our own good.
Not sure Samba did a lot wrong over 90 minutes, made 2 or 3 good saves. That 3rd goal is the only one you could criticise him for, but Figs has to do a lot better.

Don't see how he is the catalyst for the position of the team, he's only been back from injury what 3 / 4 games

The whole funk started with his inexplicable conceding of an unnecessary free kick against Derby in injury time.

We still haven't recovered from that moment, and perhaps we never will.

The whole funk started with his inexplicable conceding of an unnecessary free kick against Derby in injury time.

Harsh, though.

The ref could have decided that the ball was back with the keeper anyway, time almost up, no need to give the free kick. It's not like he chopped down someone racing clear. It was only just a foul.

Harsh, though.

The ref could have decided that the ball was back with the keeper anyway, time almost up, no need to give the free kick. It's not like he chopped down someone racing clear. It was only just a foul.
It was idiotic, but it’s gone now.

There's clearly something more wrong than PTSD after throwing it away last season.

But the general malaise is nothing new - we don't play like a team. We don't pass smoothly. We play in bits and pieces. It's so basic to a team game. Until and unless a manager can get us to play together, we're doomed.

Not sure Samba did a lot wrong over 90 minutes, made 2 or 3 good saves. That 3rd goal is the only one you could criticise him for, but Figs has to do a lot better.
Made 2 or 3 decent saves, but the first went well within his reach should have got a hand on it he didn't move. 2nd one was just as much his fault as it's Figs neither took charge, he's not been convincing for a while letting in goals he could stop and his distribution has been well off Smith should at least get a game to see if he can improve the situation at all, where's that other keeper we signed as well?

Yes, and Samba should have got rid of the free kick rather than fumble it. Shocking by the keeper.

And we should have won at Wednesday a fortnight before.

It's probably true that we haven't played well since that second half at PP.

But that was never terminal. We could have turned that funk around at any time. Good sides respond well to setbacks. Good managers move their sides on from them. We just haven't

I think we were actually in a false position anyway. 'Effectiveness' without being 'good' never really lasts

Why are you such a dick? If we go down you’ll obviously be very pleased. Stick to your political bollocks, or politely fuck off.

Well you acted like a prick

So you get it back

Simples

Be nice or dont get in a huff when you get it back you pratt

What utter bollocks.
This collapse started the day after we beat Leeds at home in February. You think this level of decline is from a single incident in a single match? Don't be daft, Forest were conceding injury time equalisers from the day the season resumed, and had been in terrible form before the season got halted.
Apologies in advance for responding to your post like an ass just because I disagree. I'm feeling rather mardy after another crap result.

What utter bollocks.
This collapse started the day after we beat Leeds at home in February. You think this level of decline is from a single incident in a single match? Don't be daft, Forest were conceding injury time equalisers from the day the season resumed, and had been in terrible form before the season got halted.
Apologies in advance for responding to your post like an ass just because I disagree. I'm feeling rather mardy after another crap result.

No worries. I can understand you're pissed off and I'm not bothered if anyone agrees or disagrees with me nor the manner in which they do or not do it.

To me, we haven't seem to have played well since that game, so that's why I'm viewing that moment as the catalyst.

Yes, and Samba should have got rid of the free kick rather than fumble it. Shocking by the keeper.

And we should have won at Wednesday a fortnight before.

It's probably true that we haven't played well since that second half at PP.

But that was never terminal. We could have turned that funk around at any time. Good sides respond well to setbacks. Good managers move their sides on from them. We just haven't

But we didn't, which leads me to believe that that specific moment must have been the catalyst.