Match Thread: Forest 0 Brentford whatever, sponsored by the insanity of doing the same thing and expecting a different result | Page 14 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Forest 0 Brentford whatever, sponsored by the insanity of doing the same thing and expecting a different result

It doesn't matter if there was a catalyst or not. I think you are asking the wrong question Zed.

You are always going to have negative incidents in any season. It is guarenteed.

The question to ask is why this team has not been able to recover and move on, and why it (whatever the catalyst was) has festered so much?

And the next question to ask is what we do to draw a line under it now?

Leeds's defeat to us could have been the start of the rot for them; but it wasn't. They moved on.

When we lost at home to Carlisle in 2008, we all thought that was game over for promotion to league one. But the squad pulled together and won at their place a few weeks later.

Owd guarenteed

As usual I read all I could before getting on to Vital and the message in the main seemed to be that we weren't too bad, we had 6 shots on target same as the opposition but also committed individual errors which helped them to beat us. We do seem to be pretty good at that and I'm beginning to wonder why we're so consistent in that department, it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense and I'm beginning to think that we may have 2 or 3 players who don't much care and this is affecting the team on the pitch. Coupled with the fact that we have no leader, no one to kick arse in play when it's needed. I can't believe that CH has gone from decent to poor overnight.

Something is wrong somewhere in the club and it badly needs sorting, and quickly.

As usual I read all I could before getting on to Vital and the message in the main seemed to be that we weren't too bad, we had 6 shots on target same as the opposition but also committed individual errors which helped them to beat us. We do seem to be pretty good at that and I'm beginning to wonder why we're so consistent in that department, it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense and I'm beginning to think that we may have 2 or 3 players who don't much care and this is affecting the team on the pitch. Coupled with the fact that we have no leader, no one to kick arse in play when it's needed. I can't believe that CH has gone from decent to poor overnight.

Something is wrong somewhere in the club and it badly needs sorting, and quickly.
Make no mistake ORF, we've been here before thinking the team has to turn the corner, lucks going against us, it's just individual errors costing us. This team is on its arse, and the rest of the division are lining up to give us a good kicking and take 3 easy points game after game after game.
Forest have conceded 12 goals, and scored 2 since the last international break. They are the worst team in the division on form. We have picked up 1 point from an available 21.
This is not just a slump. It's absolutely shocking and a cause for very real concern. There are no positives to draw, nothing to take comfort from. It's no good people saying we don't look a million miles away, because we really do right now.

Make no mistake ORF, we've been here before thinking the team has to turn the corner, lucks going against us, it's just individual errors costing us. This team is on its arse, and the rest of the division are lining up to give us a good kicking and take 3 easy points game after game after game.
Forest have conceded 12 goals, and scored 2 since the last international break. They are the worst team in the division on form. We have picked up 1 point from an available 21.
This is not just a slump. It's absolutely shocking and a cause for very real concern. There are no positives to draw, nothing to take comfort from. It's no good people saying we don't look a million miles away, because we really do right now.

And just in case that doesnt have you reaching for the vital wrist slashing kit, the rest of life in the UK just as shit, covid on the rise and a no deal brexit to look forward to.

I had thought that at least it cant be worse than 2020, now im thinking we have 2021 to get through.

Time for some of your jokes okd to give some cheer

And just in case that doesnt have you reaching for the vital wrist slashing kit, the rest of life in the UK just as shit, covid on the rise and a no deal brexit to look forward to.

I had thought that at least it cant be worse than 2020, now im thinking we have 2021 to get through.

Time for some of your jokes okd to give some cheer

So ORF came up to me the other day and said 'Do you remember that time you put super glue on the end of one of my darts?'

I said 'You just can't let it go, can you?'

Despite thinking that our passing is terrible, if you look at the Brentford stats, we matched them in nearly every way. The difference is that they had several players who can put the ball in the net. At the moment we have no one. It's easy to despair when you keep losing, but I don't see any lack of effort from the players. We lack creativity, and even more than that we lack finishing. Still think that we can get out of this mess, but history has shown us that we won't if we lose confidence.

We need to take the best part of our recent games, and repeat it against the lower clubs. Even in SLs good run we had a better record against the top teams than the bottom ones though, so we will probably huff and puff in the next few games. We need a bit more of the luck we had against Coventry and Wycombe to get us a few points.

January is not really the time to buy, but can CH find us a striker and number ten ? Do we have any saleable assets ? It's hard for CH to change the team as there seems to be little to choose between Ameobi/Lolley/Knockaert etc

Nothing much to choose between Yates/Cafu/Sow/Arter etc either on current form.

No competition from Smith/Diallo. Dawson is past it, but the only position we have real competition is McKenna/Worrall/Soh. We need McKenna fit and Figs back on form too, but CH really needs to pull a decent striker from somewhere in January.

I've been supporting Forest for a long while now and have seen more ups and downs than most of you have had hot dinners and in particular remember one game when I was living on the South coast. It was an FA Cup evening replay playing Southampton on Aton Villas ground and I was working in Southampton at the time. One of the blokes I worked with had a car (I hadn't) and asked whether I'd care to join him and a couple of mates to go up to see the game. Of course I would. We lost 5 - 0 and I never heard the end of it.
That was only one of a good many downers which may go some way to explaining why I probably seem to be a bit more optimistic than most of you. There are good times but a bit of patience is required,.

On reflection I think that the good times are running a bit late at the moment.

I've been supporting Forest for a long while now and have seen more ups and downs than most of you have had hot dinners and in particular remember one game when I was living on the South coast. It was an FA Cup evening replay playing Southampton on Aton Villas ground and I was working in Southampton at the time. One of the blokes I worked with had a car (I hadn't) and asked whether I'd care to join him and a couple of mates to go up to see the game. Of course I would. We lost 5 - 0 and I never heard the end of it.
That was only one of a good many downers which may go some way to explaining why I probably seem to be a bit more optimistic than most of you. There are good times but a bit of patience is required,.

On reflection I think that the good times are running a bit late at the moment.
I remember that ORF if its the same year as I remember we drew 1st match at home (can't remember the score), then drew the replay at the Dell after going 3-1 up only to draw 3-3, then as you say getting smashed in the 2nd replay at neutral venue. those were the days eh none of this penalty shoot out stuff keep having replays until someone prevailed.
The other thing in those days you couldn't keep up to date with the scores as easily as you can today. I can remember some Saturdays buying an early copy od the evening paper to see the half times in the stop press

I remember that ORF if its the same year as I remember we drew 1st match at home (can't remember the score), then drew the replay at the Dell after going 3-1 up only to draw 3-3, then as you say getting smashed in the 2nd replay at neutral venue. those were the days eh none of this penalty shoot out stuff keep having replays until someone prevailed.
The other thing in those days you couldn't keep up to date with the scores as easily as you can today. I can remember some Saturdays buying an early copy od the evening paper to see the half times in the stop press

I remember something similar in1966/7 when we made the semi-finals of the FA Cup with one of our best teams ever. We drew twice with Swindon and played the second replay at Villa Park. My dad worked at Boots, and they put on a special coach for the game. On the outskirts of Birmingham the police turned the coach round and told us the ground was full. Next day we found out they'd only opened one stand thinking no one would go !

Brought up in Bramcote, a proper crowd would have gathered at the paper shop by 6pm on a Saturday evening waiting for the Football News (pink) and the Football Post. I can remember the letters page where the same readers would write in every week, moaning about team selection etc.
Hard to imagine that happening nowadays lol.