Match Thread: Fleetwood Town v Lincoln City | Page 12 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Fleetwood Town v Lincoln City

The only thing for me, and we won so it's now not so important now, but for all the clamour to get Vale fit and in the squad we the have an injury to a forward in the 49th minute but we choose to put on a inexperienced young striker as opposed to him.

I would of liked Hortin to ask that question post match just to clarify the reasoning for that decision.

The only thing for me, and we won so it's now not so important now, but for all the clamour to get Vale fit and in the squad we the have an injury to a forward in the 49th minute but we choose to put on a inexperienced young striker as opposed to him.

I would of liked Hortin to ask that question post match just to clarify the reasoning for that decision.
We can probably work it our ourselves - that he wasn't ready for what would have been 45+ minutes with injury time.

I was more surprised Adelakun didn't come on for Hackett.

We can probably work it our ourselves - that he wasn't ready for what would have been 45+ minutes with injury time.

Think you and Clanford both make good points. There is also the option that Shaw rates Makama much more highly than MK did. Would have been good to ask so we know the reasoning.

Still would of liked Hortin just to ask the question.

I get what you say but not to use Vale at all amongst the subs we made, I just would of liked to hear the reasoning for that from the horses mouth.

Also, is it me or did Makama seem to shift quite well for the red card but not actually seem to move his legs much?!

Still would of liked Hortin just to ask the question.

I get what you say but not to use Vale at all amongst the subs we made, I just would have liked to hear the reasoning for that from the horses mouth.
Looked to me like vale was on the bench to do a few minutes in an emergency. I.e. if we were behind towards the end of the game.

I suppose hak was preferred to vale at the end, as it was a tight winning position - and whatever anyone thinks of hak, he currently knows more about the team set up than vale.

and there was also match fitness/risk of further injury to consider as vale has only just recovered from two injuries

Which all suggests vale is a fair way off starting a game.

Also, is it me or did Makama seem to shift quite well for the red card but not actually seem to move his legs much?!
deceptive pace. which is maybe why a few onlookers are accusing him of not closing down, when in fact he may well be closing as effectively or better than Hackett, smith and bishop.

I am pleased he got on first, and affected the game. good for his confidence, after the way Kennedy was negative about him after another good cameo in the wolves game.

Without freeze frame VAR I’d like to think that Jacko and Mitchell would be considered level at any level of the game. It is impossible for a lino to judge which bit of whichever player is millimetres or even cm beyond the others through the jungle of level players along his sight line at precisely the moment it leaves Hacket’s boot
The freeze frame is also after it leaves his boot..which illustrates why VAR is also flawed!