Match Thread: Fleetwood Town v Lincoln City | Page 10 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Fleetwood Town v Lincoln City

Possession 57% them v 43% us. An aspirational metric to improve upon at home, albeit we may have to wait until after we have faced a Michael Appleton Charlton side.

Great result. Some honest performances today. Midfield did well and solid at the back. They say don’t fall in love with a loanee.. how can you not with Mitchell. He Gives everything just like Hamilton. Please sign him.

I doubt we would have won that today with MK in charge?

How many imps in attendance, missed if it said.

Mr Hortin has just given a bizarre set of results - those were the scores with at least 20 minutes to go.

I was going to say about this. My lad had the results on his phone as Hortin read them out and his results bared no correlation at all with the actual results.

He even read out Grimsbys score playing at home to Sutton when they actually were playing Stockport away and didn't mention Morcombe or Stockport at all.

Was he in some sort of time warp?

Great result. Some honest performances today. Midfield did well and solid at the back. They say don’t fall in love with a loanee.. how can you not with Mitchell. He Gives everything just like Hamilton. Please sign him.
Funny that, I don’t rate him.

Both Ethans seemed to see a lot more of the ball today. Whether that was coincidence or a change in style I dont know but it did seem to make us move forward quicker than what we have IMO.

A much improved display and a good win.
More fluidity, moved the ball quicker and certainly in the first half pushed the midfield up into more dangerous areas. Presumably there was more in the team talk about expressing yourself rather than about low blocks and high lines.
Still need to be more decisive and clinical in and around the penalty area but that wasn't going to change in one game.
Up against it quite a bit in the second half but that was credit to Fleetwood. Looks like they are an improved side recently and if they can add Stockley into that mix they could easily move up the table.
Another team which has almost certainly improved recently is Charlton and will be a tough game on Tuesday. They have as much talent as any team in the division and just needed a half decent manager to get them to gel.