Match Thread: Fleetwood Town v Lincoln City | Page 22 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Fleetwood Town v Lincoln City

Got the point we all said beforehand would be a good one, but the better side and with luck and better finishing could have been 3. But a bit nervy at the end, good work by Palmer - and Anderson and Grant in defence, hope Grant's injury isn't serious.

Good point although I thought Johnson faded / tired towards the last 15-20 minutes and should have come off. Thought we were playing with 10 men due to that.
Thought we should have replaced him with 10-15 left, he was spent. Archibald or the new lad, if only for the energy.

Will take the moral win though. From the cod army "These commentators are definitely bias towards Lincoln City"

Either got the away commentary or we was really that good.

Well, the only thing wrong with that performance was that we didn't score. In fact I'd rate it as the best we've played this season even if it's not the best result.

Nearly impossible to choose a man of the match. For me it would likely have been Anderson if he hadn't missed the best chance of the match.

I thought Walsh had a good debut apart from near the end when he nearly lost us the match - but as Michael Appleton has just said, he's not played a game since about February.

I too thought Johnson faded out in the second half and that Archibald would have been a good option.

We played very well, by far the better side. Could have won it with better finishing our play deserved, but quite easily could have lost it near the end. Would have taken a point before the start so happy.

Did I hear the home MoM announcement as Evans? Thought he was atrocious.
He put himself about and nicked it a few times off Bridcutt. He also won one free-kick from throwing himself in front of Montsma, but he also had a poor first touch and no delivery.

That said, who else on the Fleetwood side deserved it?