Match Thread - Everton FC vs Tottenham Hotspur - FA Cup | Page 16 | Vital Football

Match Thread - Everton FC vs Tottenham Hotspur - FA Cup

Result?

• Win

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Lose

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So we play open and ship a load of goals. Some poor individual errors in defence. I wasnt too fussed at progression in this cup, we have too many games and injuries. I would rather Jose had rested a few for City.
It took Kane a while to get going.
Winks was poor, Dele rusty understandably.
Ndombele underwhelming again. Hojbjerg poor and shouldnt have played IMO, needed rest.
Which everyone has been fucking moaning about.
Play open. We are amazing on the attack and will blow everyone away.
This was Everton.
Everytime we scored they scored and we shat ourselves.

You build a house from the foundation up. Trying to outscore your opponents is risky business, especially now with so much talent floating about in the PL.

Take a look at the goals we conceded. Hojbjerg gave the ball away near the box for one, gave a clumsy penalty away, that's two. Lloris flapped and fell over for another, Sanchez failed to clear the ball with a lobbed header to a toffee on the edge of the box...goal, Lloris beaten twice from very wide and fell backwards as he does on both, too near his near post, questionable positioning.
Jose knows we are making too many errors in defence, he has mentioned it numerous times.

Firstly, let's be fair to Dele. This is basically pre-season for him and already people are writing him off. Let's give him a chance to get match fit before we dare to judge him.

Three years of evidence would suggest there is a lot of incompetence about him on the football pitch. Dropped by his country and club, would categorically back that up. He is overrated.

Take a look at the goals we conceded. Hojbjerg gave the ball away near the box for one, gave a clumsy penalty away, that's two. Lloris flapped and fell over for another, Sanchez failed to clear the ball with a lobbed header to a toffee on the edge of the box...goal, Lloris beaten twice from very wide and fell backwards as he does on both, too near his near post, questionable positioning.
Jose knows we are making too many errors in defence, he has mentioned it numerous times.
We do it on a regular basis though.
So the point is what?
Play attacking football which everyone has been accusing us of not doing and lose 9-5 each week.
To keep the fans happy thats it the Tottenham way?
We cant have our cake and eat it.

Three years of evidence would suggest there is a lot of incompetence about him on the football pitch. Dropped by his country and club, would categorically back that up. He is overrated.
He is a JJ at worst and a Walcott if he is very very lucky.

We do it on a regular basis though.
So the point is what?
Play attacking football which everyone has been accusing us of not doing and lose 9-5 each week.
To keep the fans happy thats it the Tottenham way?
We cant have our cake and eat it.

It's a case if deciding who is making too many errors. Sanchez, Aurier, Dier, Davies and Lloris are questionable.
Hojbjerg has been holding us together but has been overplayed resulting in Winks going rusty.
Jose knows this so tried to bolster our defence playing the low block which resulted in complaints.

It's a shame as the football world was his oyster four years ago, but he has lost the desire to improve and be the best. A mighty fall from grace.
I dont think it a shame to be honest.
I see kids with less opportunity that he has been given every day happy to get a a second hand tablet so they can learn their schoolwork via teams. in a temporary foster placement.
Thats shame.
He is just a bit of of over priced ****** these days mugging us all off.

It's a case if deciding who is making too many errors. Sanchez, Aurier, Dier, Davies and Lloris are questionable.
Hojbjerg has been holding us together but has been overplayed resulting in Winks going rusty.
Jose knows this so tried to bolster our defence playing the low block which resulted in complaints.
That's pretty much our entire back line.
And we bought in Hart and shipped out Gaz.
Which everyone said was genius.
Then we all said Winks was shit in a defensive role and couldn't pass or attack for toffee.
So that's that also ruined.
Or we need another Hoby for when Hoby is overplayed.
But we all cry...attack...we will kill them...until...erm..we don't.

Dele has had a dip in form for sure. There has to be reasons whether mentality, personal life, injuries , position played in.
One quick look at his injury record over those 3 years may go some way as an explanation.
Sept 8th 2018 Hamstring 14 days out.
Sept 28th 2018 Hamstring 31 days out, suggesting he was rushed back.
Jan 20th 2019 Thigh muscle injury 48 days out.
April 10th 2019 Broken hand 5 days out
August 4th 2019 Hamstring 20 days out.
July 3rd 2020 muscle injury 10 days out.
Nearly all muscle related.
What could this have done to his confidence in his body and his form ? Coming back from injury inevitably means a period of regaining match fitness and sharpness.
Ex has repeatedly referred to Deles soft tissue injuries and being overplayed by Poch.
Is it really time to let him go or stick with him ? I wouldnt base tonight's showing on dismissing him..

What a fantastic game of football, which neither side deserved to lose. Sure, for the purist this was nightmare defending taken to extremes, but for old school types like me who think that football should be all about scoring more goals than the other team, this was such a pleasure after the stuff we've had to endure in the PL this season.
Hugely disappointing to lose, it could have gone our way, but we can now concentrate on what I believe have always been the two primary targets, fourth place in the PL or a Europa League win.
Biggest negative for me coming out of last night's game is that, after conceding five goals, Jose will revert to type and we will see some dreadfully boring football for the rest of the season. If it gets the desired results so be it, but I continue to believe that our best chance of any success will be by playing attacking football.