Match Thread: Derby County v Lincoln City | Vital Football

Match Thread: Derby County v Lincoln City

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Reuters-Pride-Park-Derby-County-7-scaled.jpg

So, we're on the road again, this time away at Derby County for our final match before Christmas Day...

Ahead of the match, don't forget to:

- Have a go at the quiz (link below).
- Vote on the poll (link below).
- Read the summary by @hulloutpost of what Michael Skubala said in his pre-match press conference (link below).
- Read about tonight's referee (link below).
- Read the Q&A with a Derby County supporter (link below).

Following the match, don't forget to:

- Share your views on this thread!
- Nominate your Man of The Match (the thread will be started following the final whistle).
- Vote on the Man of The Match poll once nominations have ended.

First thing to report on match day is my brother is under the weather and can't come. So I have a spare ticket if anyone is still pondering whether to go or not. Message me if interested.

Really want to be positive but I don’t see how we approach this other than 5-4-1 with everyone behind the ball trying to counter with an isolated Makama and nick goals from set pieces. Needs must and today is probably the day for this type of approach, it just doesn’t get the blood pumping after 1.5 years of it.

A point would be a really good result although every team is beatable in this division.

Hope I’m wrong and entertained.

As fans these types of league games don’t come around often so enjoy the atmosphere and experience
The rest will take care of itself
Look at Ipswich and Sunderland now swimming in very different seas and not likely to drop into L1 again any time soon
Up the mighty imps

Looking forward to going tonight. Closer game than a home one for me. Expectations are we will give a good account of ourselves and can probably play with no real pressure which just might lead to a decent game. We do get good results away at the 'bigger' clubs as evidenced by the game there last season and the wins at Ipswich and Plymouth.
I think the wind has blown through a bit earlier than originally predicted so won't impact the match now

OS has an article today (about MS thoughts) saying over 1,700 are expected to travel and an older match preview article saying allocation of 1,900 is sold out. 'Go figure" as some of our USA investors might say.

OS has an article today (about MS thoughts) saying over 1,700 are expected to travel and an older match preview article saying allocation of 1,900 is sold out. 'Go figure" as some of our USA investors might say.
Perhaps we have 200 Imps fans who live in Derby?