Match Thread: Cheltenham Town v Lincoln City | Page 17 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Cheltenham Town v Lincoln City

Does seem to have his moments of petulance though, very good player though.

He was at QPR with Sterling and seems to have a similar approach (to the game, in attitude)- he has mentioned in interviews already he sees his game at a higher level. I think he appreciates the chance Lincoln has given him but don't believe he sees his future with us.

There is a risk we will lose him in January but, unless we have a release clause, it will be for a significant fee

A very solid performance yesterday. Looked in control in every area and despite some nice play at times they never got a sniff anywhere near our box let alone troubling Vickers. Andrade MOM again for me. Would have been two assists but for Akindes howler. Hope we are looking at extending his contract asap. Freck back Tuesday but why change a winning side.

I'd be really surprised if Freck was in starting 11 at Tranmere

DC won't want Freck sitting out for another game and he always talks about sharing the load (minutes) - I suspect Freck will replace O'Connor in the starting lineup.

DC won't want Freck sitting out for another game and he always talks about sharing the load (minutes) - I suspect Freck will replace O'Connor in the starting lineup.
With it being an away game I wonder if DC will go with O'Connor's deeper lying battling qualities and play Freck in the home game against Crewe.

With it being an away game I wonder if DC will go with O'Connor's deeper lying battling qualities and play Freck in the home game against Crewe.
Possibly . The great thing is, it looks like Pett is getting better at the defensive part of the game so it would feel more comfortable playing without an out and out defensive midfielder a la O'Connor.

Only for the first 5 or 10 minutes of each half did they look like turning it into a scrap, once we got it down and played after that we looked the much better team, creating chance after chance without really testing the keeper. I was beginning to think it would need a sub to come on and was suggesting McCarton for Green just before Harry T's superb cross for the opener, once we scored it just needed to avoid making a mistake and the second duly arrived. Andrade gave another full back a torrid day who could have had about 4 yellows before the hour mark and miraculously had none.

Terrific performance at times, just lacking the killer touch to "put them to the sword" earlier than we did...

He was at QPR with Sterling and seems to have a similar approach (to the game, in attitude)- he has mentioned in interviews already he sees his game at a higher level. I think he appreciates the chance Lincoln has given him but don't believe he sees his future with us.

There is a risk we will lose him in January but, unless we have a release clause, it will be for a significant fee

The good thing is, if we continue to look likely promotion candidates, unless it was a sizeable offer from a Championship club, we could turn it down without standing in his way. A league 1 offer would only increase his progress up the leagues by a few months.

Assuming no injuries would not change a winning team. It would give the wrong signal that Freck could just walk back in, Club Captain or not, when the other midfielders have been playing so well. He will get his chance, six games in October. UTI.

The good thing is, if we continue to look likely promotion candidates, unless it was a sizeable offer from a Championship club, we could turn it down without standing in his way. A league 1 offer would only increase his progress up the leagues by a few months.
I think he'll stay for the season minimum. Then consider offers next summer. And yes he'll go for a high fee.

If he carries on the way he's going and there's no release clause he could potentially a million pound sale for us.

I think he'll stay for the season minimum. Then consider offers next summer. And yes he'll go for a high fee.

If he carries on the way he's going and there's no release clause he could potentially a million pound sale for us.

Did we sign him on a two year deal or one? Hoping for the former.

I’m with everyone else, if he keeps this form going he’ll rapidly rise up the leagues (hopefully for some decent cash).

Last edited:
... once we got it down and played after that we looked the much better team, creating chance after chance...

Great to hear. The change in approach this season (which many on here were advocating before the start of the season) is, in my view at least, one of the biggest factors behind our superb start. Helps though when you can bring in quality of the likes of Andrade, Akinde and O’Connor to assist with this.

Did we sign him on a two year deal or one? Hoping for the latter.

I’m with everyone else, if he keeps this form going he’ll rapidly rise up the leagues (hopefully for some decent cash).

Surely you mean two years which it is, is best . He has taken the jump up from non League to Div 2really well, could well be able to try his hand at Div 1 next year without moving ! See how he copes with that. UTI.

Surely you mean two years which it is, is best . He has taken the jump up from non League to Div 2really well, could well be able to try his hand at Div 1 next year without moving ! See how he copes with that. UTI.

Yup you’re right. Bit of a typo there!

Assuming no injuries would not change a winning team. It would give the wrong signal that Freck could just walk back in, Club Captain or not, when the other midfielders have been playing so well. He will get his chance, six games in October. UTI.
I don't think it's about changing a winning team, very often when we play Saturday - Tuesday - Saturday Danny will freshen it up

Only saw part of the second half, but one thing about Andrade - he takes dead-ball FKs from the left and curls them in towards the back post? Three times in the last two games he's curled them straight out past the back post without an Imps player being there to head it back (a la Waterfall). Maybe he needs to asjust his delivery, or get someone to sit a bit furtherout from the back post to make sure it comes back across, or let someone else try something different. Other than that, Andrade is awesome.