Match Thread: Cheltenham Town v Lincoln City | Page 15 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Cheltenham Town v Lincoln City

Not up to our recent standard first half. But what change the second half was and easily could have another 2 or 3 goals. Their keeper being their MOM. Next week’s match v Portsmouth the Bank will be bouncing. Who would have thought after the dross served up under MK we would be where we are today enjoying the football the team is producing and hopefully getting a play off place. I would like to send my thanks to ALL at Lincoln City for the most enjoyable football I have seen over my many years of support. Graham Taylor’s and the Cowleys teams also. But this team is at a higher standard.

From where we were on January 1st to where we are today, in a playoff position is nearly too unbelievable to be true.

At the turn of the year we were going nowhere and I must admit I fully expected it to escalate quickly and that we could easily of found ourselves in a battle to stay in this league.

What an fantastic turnaround it has been and having got to this stage I really do hope we can complete the job and cement our spot in the playoffs next week....then absolutely anything can happen....and it probably will.

Just got back, different team in the 2nd half. Every set piece caused chaos in their box and we finally started winning some 2nd ball. Lovely finish by Freddie in front of the fans. The only way we were going to let them back in was with a mistake and we tightened up considerably to prevent that happening. Great result, the dream is still alive...

Well, crikey, I don't think any of us expected this after Erhahon's 96th minute equaliser at Wycombe back in January! It felt a potential turning point at the time but not this much of one!

Not sure how the game panned out but the second half stats were well in our favour.
Walked back up a massive bank with two of my kids to collect my car a very happy man after that game, despite having been on the receiving end for the first half.

Job done. Mandroiu, Erhahon and Sorensen all off it in the first half. All three excellent in the second and changed the course of the match. I’m almost as pleased with Wigan having done us a huge favour denying Pompey the opportunity to reach 100 points, so they really have no more to play for.

My work schedule was such that there was no chance I could be back for the playoff final date. That has since changed. I’m irrationally superstitious when it comes to us so as much as I’d like to delay booking my few days leave, I’m afraid I’ve got to do it. So I apologise in advance for any adverse consequences this will bring

Thought we were well out of it last Saturday. What a difference seven days make. Couldn’t listen today so it was dipping in and out of Twitter etc. Heart sank when I saw we were one down, but lifted when Joes goal popped up. Ecstatic when Freddie put us ahead. Expecting the worst until the final whistle. What a result. Just one more game to get there. Can’t wait. You lovely Imps 👊💥👏

I turned the radio on and immediately Cheltenham won a penalty, so switched it off immediately.

What I will say is it utterly infuriates me how excited Hortin gets when the opposition score.
The home commentary was very balanced when they were ahead, but some very bitter sounding comments crept in when behind, though they did say they can see why we are up there.

Job done. Mandroiu, Erhahon and Sorensen all off it in the first half. All three excellent in the second and changed the course of the match. I’m almost as pleased with Wigan having done us a huge favour denying Pompey the opportunity to reach 100 points, so they really have no more to play for.

My work schedule was such that there was no chance I could be back for the playoff final date. That has since changed. I’m irrationally superstitious when it comes to us so as much as I’d like to delay booking my few days leave, I’m afraid I’ve got to do it. So I apologise in advance for any adverse consequences this will bring
Same here. I've just put the play-off final date in the family google calendar to stop the missus booking something else. No way will we make it now, sorry.