Match Thread: Cheltenham Town v Lincoln City | Vital Football

Match Thread: Cheltenham Town v Lincoln City

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Reuters-Whaddon-Road-Cheltenham-Town-1.jpg

So, we're back on the road quite possibly for the final time this season, versus Cheltenham Town at Whaddon Road.

Ahead of the match, don't forget to:

- Have a go at the quiz (link below).
- Vote on the poll (link below).
- Read about today's referee (link below).
- Read the summary of what Michael Skubala said ahead of this match (link below).

Following the match, don't forget to:

- Share your views on this thread!
- Nominate your Man of The Match (the thread will be started following the final whistle).
- Vote on the Man of The Match poll once nominations have ended.

In our hands, and another must win game.

What ever happens it has been a great end to the season. Thanks to MS for galvanising the squad and making the team play as a team. We would all have taken being in this position with two league games to go.

3 points puts us in the driving seat. Come on City.

Wow. Every game that comes along seems to be the biggest match of the season for us so far. Aother must win game.
From being in a position to just try and ensure are safety in the league just after xmas here we are with two games left and a chance of a playoff place . What a fantastic achievement Skubala and his team have provided us with.
This is another tough game today. Cheltenham are fighting for their lives to avoid the drop. Skoobs has shown respect to all our opponents this season and hasn't underestimated anybody up to now. So I am confident he will have the right tactics to get that all important win today.
UTI

Bit of trivia - just been on the BBC sports site to check something, and noticed that our fixture against Cheltenham ie starting with a "C", is the third last out of 11 listed!

We can do this, but if it doesn’t quite go to plan it would be very helpful to finish the day ahead of Blackpool with one eye on final day. Whatever, we’ve taken this season all the way to the finishing line. Let’s sprint over it. Come on!!!

Safe travels Imps, beware the hoards of Scunts fans who are playing a few miles away at Gloucester. Unfortunately can’t get today but will be paying my £10 to cheer us on.

Will be wandering the wilds of freezing Northumberland today so will be relying on goal updates ( signal permitting) today.

It won't be easy today. It's a massive game for Cheltenham as well and Darrell Clarke has done a great job to keep them in the fight after an awful start to the season. They are where they are for a reason though and if we play like we did on Tuesday we should beat them.

Setting off shortly. Quite a close one for me today so no early rise needed.
Will be tough this as Cheltenham are just as desperate for the win for very different reasons. They deserve a lot of credit for hanging on in this season after their nightmare start. Best plan for us today will be to try and get Joe Taylor on a one on one on their 38 year old defender Curtis Davies. He'll win most in the air but on the ground he'll struggle against pace.
Going to enjoy it irrespective of the result. Really nice sunny morning on this side of the country and The Cotswolds are always worth a visit

Burroughs for Hackett or Jackson to CB and Roughan to LWB? I'd be inclined to go with the former.
Second guessing MS, I reckon Roughan to LWB and Jackson into the middle - Burroughs isn't match fit and Roughan is, as well as being a little more robust which may play into what MS is expecting from Cheltenham.

Burroughs may offer a little more going forward if we are chasing the game later on.